Branch - Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering
Automation and Process Control is a course that provides an overall exposure to the technology used in industrial automation and control, especially in factories where discrete and continuous manufacturing takes place. According to a report by Technavio, the industrial automation and instrumentation market in India has the potential to grow by US$2.58 billion during the year 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period.
This course offers students well-rounded understanding and insights into the automation processes in the industry.
1. Students/Institutions need to procure the below physical kit(s) required for the industry assignment as well as for Part B of the summative assessment:
- a. PLC trainer kit, already present in the college for practical use in the electrical/mechanical/instrumentation departments
2. The above mentioned hands-on configuration will be leveraged by the students to complete the industry assignment as well as to complete Part B of the summative assessment.+ Read More - Read Less
- Basic knowledge of process automation
- Basic knowledge of the working process of a machine
- Basic knowledge of production planning and process control