Branch - Common across all branches
Semester - Any
The Business English course is designed to equip students with the skills needed to be effective communicators and professionals in the 21st Century.
According to a World Economic Forum survey, the top 10 skills needed for 21st Century professionals include innovation, critical thinking, people management, communication and collaboration, coordination, emotional intelligence and negotiation.
This course helps students to learn how to use English for business communication, what is acceptable non-verbal communication, how to use different communication modes and understand the cultural complexities that drive communication.
Hands-on experience will be delivered through participant interviews, community interactions, and group discussions. Students need to perform hands-on assignments using MS/Open Office tools.+ Read More - Read Less
Connect with Us
If you want to know more about our products
- This programme is envisaged to help build a strong foundation across various streams through digital lectures, practice and summative assessments, mini projects, mentorship from renowned industry and academic experts. Students will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters.
- This programme is designed to continuously make academic content more relevant to students by integrating industry inputs, which is a compelling need of the industry.
- Any student who is enthusiastic about industry relevant skills can join the Industry Honour Certification programme pertaining to that skill.
- Job opportunities will be provided subject to performance in the course, availability of opportunities or vacancies in the corporates who recognise the certification, and based on the corporate hiring policy.
- The duration of this programme is around 4 to 5 months, in sync with the universities'/institutions' semester.
- Students need to appear for the summative assessment at their college as per the course requirement. The students will be assessed in 2 stages.
- Part A is a test of knowledge, to assess the conceptual knowledge of a student, specific to the course. The question paper pattern will be similar to the practice tests.
- Part B is a test of application, to assess a student’s applied skills gained through this programme. A sample question will be available in the practice test similar to the ones in the actual test.
- The evaluation of summative assessment will be done by TCS iON.
- The summative assessment consists of total 100 marks with 50 marks each allotted for Part A and Part B. Part A is a summative assessment of one hour and Part B is a summative assessment of about two hours (actual duration may vary depending on the course).
- All students who attempt the summative assessment will receive a scorecard.
- The 'Certificate of Completion' is awarded to students who attempt the summative assessment and meet each of the following criteria:
- Part A score is greater than or equal to 40%
- Part B score is greater than or equal to 50%
- Overall assessment score is greater than or equal to 50 marks.
- Students who do not meet the above criteria will not receive a certificate.
- Students who do not attempt the summative assessment will not receive any certificate or scorecard.
- Students get access to 2 practice assessments. There are 2 attempts for each practice assessment. The students can appear for the summative assessment only once as per the slot selected by their respective universities or institutions.
- The student can appear for the re-exam by paying the pre-defined exam registration fees.
- The students can avail this programme through their institutions.
- Students are encouraged to check and update their basic profile details such as name, email ID etc. by navigating to Home >> My Account >> Update Profile. Please note that the profile details will be leveraged to generate course completion certificates.
- Once an institution or a student subscribes to the TCS iON Industry Honour Certification, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.