Branch - English Language Teaching (ELT)
Reading comprehension has become a central component of entrance and recruitment tests for assessing language skills of individuals. Reading is one of the most difficult skills to assess.
Item Writing in English Reading Comprehension is a course that imparts knowledge in researching reading comprehension strategies and designing tests. It helps learners to create tests for assessing reading comprehension skills primarily at the post-secondary stage, with a focus on multiple-choice tests.
The course enables learners to successfully create reading tests at three different levels and also interpret the results of the reading tests for students. Apart from testing reading skills, it emphasises the factors one should consider before creating a test, which help in differentiating between good and bad readers. It also provides the ability to examine the strategies a good reader should use.
MS-Word is required to implement the practical assignments. The same would be used to complete Part B of the summative assessments.+ Read More - Read Less
Connect with Us
If you want to know more about our products
- This programme is envisaged to help build a strong foundation across various streams through digital lectures, practice and summative assessments, mini projects, mentorship from renowned industry and academic experts.
- This is an exclusive programme for test item writing to assess an individual's skill in the subject. It is a mastery course to impart skills and involves learning by doing. It has been designed by leading academicians in the country with hands-on experience in the subject.
- Any academic institution/university can browse through our catalogue of courses and can subscribe to course(s) as needed.
To successfully administer the programme, the university/institution, needs to participate and take ownership of the following activities:
- Create awareness about the course, register the students and administer the courses in the campus
- Organise and/or procure all physical resources required for hands-on learning including kits, lab equipment as mentioned on the course website (where applicable), and the required infrastructure for learning and assessment
- Assign faculty SPOC, who has exposure to the relevant subject matter, to locally govern and mentor course consumption and evaluate projects
- Conduct summative assessments at their respective institutions
- Integrate the summative assessment performance with the student's transcripts
- The duration of the course is around 6 to 8 weeks.
- The students will be assessed in 2 stages:
- Part A is a test of knowledge, to assess the conceptual knowledge of a student, specific to the course.
- Part B is a test of application, to assess a student’s applied skills gained through this programme using the hands-on learning finalised for the course.
- The assessments would be conducted online.
- The summative assessment consists of total 100 marks with 50 marks each allotted for Part A and Part B. Part A is a summative assessment of one hour and Part B is a summative assessment of about two hours (actual duration may vary depending on the course).
- Students who successfully clear the summative assessment and meet each of the following criteria will receive a performance 'Scorecard' cum 'Certificate'. View Sample Certificate and Scorecard
- Part A score is greater than or equal to 40%
- Part B score is greater than or equal to 50%
- Overall assessment score is greater than or equal to 50 marks
- Students who have not taken the summative assessment or do not meet the criteria mentioned in point (a) but have completed the course 100% (which includes the digital content, digital lectures, industry assignments and practice tests) will receive the 'Certificate of Participation'. View Sample 'Certificate of Participation'
- Students who have taken the summative assessment and have failed to clear it, will receive only a performance 'Scorecard'. View Sample 'Performance Scorecard'
- Students who do not meet any of the above criteria will not receive any certificate or scorecard.
- Students get access to 2 practice assessments for Part A. There are 2 attempts for each practice assessment. A sample Part B question along with model answer will also be available in the practice set similar to the one in the actual test. The students can appear for the summative assessment only once.
- The student can appear for the re-exam by paying the pre-defined exam registration fees.
- Students are encouraged to check and update their basic profile details such as name, email ID etc. by navigating to Home >> My Account >> Update Profile. Please note that the profile details will be leveraged to generate course completion certificates.
- Once an institution or a student subscribes to the TCS iON Industry Honour Certification, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.