Branch - Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology
Usability Design of Software Applications deals with the foundation and advances made in the usability principles of software design. CNN predicts that UX Design jobs will grow 22% by 2020, with over 2 million new jobs being created.
The course teaches how to create user-friendly software applications by incorporating the principles of smart design and user experience design. Through this course, learners will get acquainted with user-friendly and interactive user interfaces for software applications or websites, develop quality concepts of usability and utility for software design, and get an overview of the software development life cycle. This course provides a deep understanding and learning on how users of a software application can achieve the specified goals easily.
Students need to perform hands-on assignments and projects using MS/Open Office tools, free Wireframe tools like Lucidchart, InVision, Moqups, Wireframe.cc, MockFlow etc. and multimedia tools like Lightworks, Autodesk 3ds Max among others. In addition, students need to install the latest version of browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for testing HTML5/CSS3 related codes and responsive design. The learners need to leverage all softwares from their end.+ Read More - Read Less
- An appreciation of quality design thinking
- Basic idea of visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Have a Question?
If you want to know more about our products
- This programme is envisaged to help build a strong foundation across various streams through digital lectures, practice and summative assessments, mini projects, mentorship from renowned industry and academic experts. Students will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters.
- This programme is designed to continuously make academic content more relevant to students by integrating industry inputs, which is a compelling need of the industry.
- Any student who is enthusiastic about industry relevant skills can join the Industry Honour Certification programme pertaining to that skill.
- Internships and job opportunities will be provided subject to performance in the course, availability of opportunities or vacancies in the corporates who recognise the certification, and based on the corporate hiring policy.
- The duration of this programme is around 4 to 5 months, in sync with the universities'/institutions' semester.
- Students need to appear for the summative assessment at their college as per the course requirement. The students will be assessed in 2 stages.
- Part A is a test of knowledge, to assess the conceptual knowledge of a student, specific to the course. The question paper pattern will be similar to the practice tests.
- Part B is a test of application, to assess a student’s applied skills gained through this programme. A sample question will be available in the practice test similar to the ones in the actual test.
- The evaluation of summative assessment will be done by TCS iON.
- The summative assessment consists of total 100 marks with 50 marks each allotted for Part A and Part B. Part A is a summative assessment of one hour and Part B is a summative assessment of about two hours (actual duration may vary depending on the course).
- All students who attempt the summative assessment will receive a scorecard.
- The 'Certificate of Completion' is awarded to students who attempt the summative assessment and meet each of the following criteria:
- Part A score is greater than or equal to 40%
- Part B score is greater than or equal to 50%
- Overall assessment score is greater than or equal to 50 marks.
- Students who do not meet the above criteria will not receive a certificate.
- Students who do not attempt the summative assessment will not receive any certificate or scorecard.
- Students get access to 2 practice assessments. There are 2 attempts for each practice assessment. The students can appear for the summative assessment only once as per the slot selected by their respective universities or institutions.
- The student can appear for the re-exam by paying the pre-defined exam registration fees.
- The students can avail this programme through their institutions.
- Students are encouraged to check and update their basic profile details such as name, email ID etc. by navigating to Home >> My Account >> Update Profile. Please note that the profile details will be leveraged to generate course completion certificates.
- Once an institution or a student subscribes to the TCS iON Industry Honour Certification, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.