in collaboration with
Branch - Mechanical Engineering
Solar energy technology is the process of harnessing radiant light and heat from the sun using a range of technologies such as solar heating, photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar architecture, molten salt power plants and artificial photosynthesis. As per a Business Insider India article, solar photovoltaic installers are expected to see a 104.9% job growth globally by 2026.
Solar Energy Technology and its Applications is a course that gives a kaleidoscopic overview of different technologies that are relevant to harnessing of solar energy. Starting from the current energy portfolio in the global and Indian context, it gives an updated overview of the solar photovoltaic technology and solar thermal applications like solar power plants, solar ponds and solar cooling, hybrid solar systems and technology for thermal and electrical energy storage. The course also discusses current energy policies and targets.
A 5-day workshop will be conducted at the Tata Power Skill Development Institute in India (TPSDI) at 5 locations across the country.
Please click here to know more about TPSDI locations.
- The workshop will be conducted with a minimum batch of 20 students.
- The batch will be formed at any of the 5 TPSDI locations and the final location of the workshop will be solely decided by TPSDI.
- Students will have to make travel, accommodation, and food arrangements at their own expense and risk.
- The responsibility of individual safety and well-being during the workshop or outside, lies solely with the participants.
- It is expected that the students undertaking this course do not suffer from colour blindness.