TCS iON Industry Honour Programme - B.Sc Data Science
Why Data Science?
Lead your students to an aspirational career in
Expected to grow
to US$ 140.9 billion
by 2024, at a CAGR
(Source: Business Wire)
What are you
About TCS iON Industry Honour Programme - B.Sc Data Science
This programme offers a specialised learning path in Data Science and is designed collaboratively by industry stalwarts and academicians from premier institutions. The programme can be integrated with B.Sc Mathematics or B.Sc Statistics to offer a B.Sc Data Science specialisation degree to students.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data
- Major Project (in continuation of SEM 5)
Connect with Us
If you want to know more about our products
- This programme is envisaged to help build a strong foundation in Data Science across three years through a set of courses. Each course offers digital learning resources, digital lectures, practice and summative assessments, industry assignments, mentorship from renowned industry and academic experts. Students will also get an opportunity to demonstrate their skills to potential recruiters.
- This programme is designed to continuously make academic content more relevant to students by integrating industry inputs, which is a compelling need of the industry.
- Any academic institution or university, which is affiliated to TSCHE and offers B.Sc Mathematics and/or B.Sc Statistics can integrate this programme and offer it to their students.
- No. Only institutions and colleges affiliated to TSCHE can avail this programme.
- The university/institution enrolling for this programme will:
- Mobilise learners and administer the courses on the campus
- Organise all physical resources - faculty, hands-on labs, assessment infrastructure
- Conduct the summative assessments on their premises
- Integrate the summative assessment performance with the student's transcript
- Internships and job opportunities will be provided at the end of the second and third year respectively, subject to performance of the students in the programme, availability of opportunities or vacancies in the corporates who recognise the certification, and based on the corporate hiring policy.
- The duration of this programme is 3 years, in sync with the universities'/institutions' B.Sc degree programme.
- Students need to appear for the summative assessment at their college as per the course requirement. The students will be assessed in 2 stages:
- Part A of the assessment comprises MCQs, to assess the applied knowledge of a student, specific to the course
- Part B of the assessment is a practical test, to assess a student's concepts and skills gained through this programme
- Please refer to the respective product page FAQs for more details.
- The performance in the summative assessment will reflect in the student's transcript issued by the respective institution or university.