Make a life-changing career decision now!
There is a huge need and demand for skilled professionals to serve and solve problems in the IT industry, in India. Since the IT world is progressing at a brisk pace, this demand is only going to increase.
Potential Job Opportunities
2 Lakh+ job opportunities across various job portals
Average salary ranges between
₹2.2 LPA to ₹ 3.8 LPA
IT/ITES, FinTech, EdTech, Ecommerce, Banking and Insurance
- Commencement Date
- Duration 3 years
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria Candidates should have passed their 10+2 from a recognised National or State Board/Institution or any other competent Agency accepted by SASTRA's Board of Management. Candidates having 10+3 (Polytechnic) diploma from recognised institution.
Minimum Age: NA
- Total marks - 100 (30 marks for Continuous Internal Assessment (Topic-wise OR Subject-wise) + 70 marks for Semester-end examination)
- Total Credits 120
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Programme Format Blended (Self-paced + Live Lectures + Hands-on Learning with projects and remote internships)
What you will learn in the programme
Bachelor of Computer Applications - BCA (Online Degree) programme focusses on providing relevant knowledge and skills to the students. Students will also benefit from the hands-on learning experience they get from the project or internship they undertake at end of the 6th semester to complete their programme. Students will be given access to the TCS iON Job Listing Portal, where they can directly apply for internship and jobs with industry leaders.
By the end of this online degree programme, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply basic and advanced concepts of IT
- Work on technologies like C, Java, Perl, Python, AI and others
- Build basic understanding of technology platforms like ERP
The programme syllabus will be delivered through a combination of learning resources like live and recorded lectures, online reading material, quizzes, case studies, community-based interactions and hands-on experience via projects and internships.
- English - I
- Environmental Studies - I
- Matrices and Calculus
- Financial Accounting
- Basics of Computing
- Programming in C
- English - II
- Environmental Studies - II
- Inferential Discrete Mathematics
- Management Accounting
- Digital Logic Circuits and Microprocessors
- Programming in C++
- Numerical Methods for Computer Applications
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- Fundamentals of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating System Concepts
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- Computer Networks
- Fundamentals of Relational Database Management Systems
- Visual Programming
- Java Programming
- Basics of Software Engineering
- Web Technology
- Elective - I
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- C# and .Net Technologies
- Elective - II
- Programming in PERL
- Python Programming
- XML and Applications
- Basic Linux Programming
- Client Server Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Enterprise Resource Planning
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic and Industry Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic and Industry Experts.
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Dr. G. Sashikala
Dr. Sashikala Govindarajulu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of English, SASTRA Deemed University. She has a total of 17 years of teaching experience and is passionate about fostering academic development of students through a variety of learning modalities and support materials. She applies innovative teaching methods like ‘Flipped Classroom’ and ‘Collaborative Learning’ to encourage students’ involvement in the teaching-learning process.
Dr. R. Srikanth
Dr. Srikanth Raghavendran is a Professor of Mathematics at the SASTRA Deemed University. He is also the TATA Realty - SASTRA Srinivasa Ramanujan Chair Professor for Number Theory. He received his PhD degree from Bharathidasan University. He has received the honorarium award twice for solving "Elementary problem of Ramanujan's contribution" to Mathematical Education (Sponsored by University Grant Commission) in the year 1992. He received the Distinguished Scientist award in the field of Number Theory from Venus International Foundation in 2016.
Dr. A. Umamakeswari
Dean - School of Computing
Dr. Umamakeswari Arumugam received her B.E. from A.C.C.E.T, Karaikudi, M.E. from NIT, Trichy and PhD degree from SASTRA University, Thanjavur, India. Currently, she is the Dean of School of Computing, SASTRA University. Her research areas include IoT, Wireless Sensor Network, Cloud computing, Embedded system and Blockchain.
Dr. V. Subramaniyaswamy
Dr. V. Subramaniyaswamy is a Professor in the School of Computing, SASTRA Deemed University. Overall, he has 18 years of experience in academia. He has received his PhD degree from Anna University, India. He was sponsored by MHRD, DST-SERB, ICSSR and TVS Motors, and is the Young Scientist Award holder.
- Candidates must apply on OR before the application closure date on TCS iON Digital Learning Hub and complete their application process on the SASTRA Deemed University website.
- Verification of candidate details and application will be done by SASTRA Deemed University on completing the application form on their website.
- If the application is approved, candidates will receive an approval notification via email/sms from SASTRA Deemed University.
- In case the application gets rejected by SASTRA Deemed University; candidates will not be able to enrol for the programme.
- If there is any information missing in the application form, candidates would be asked by SASTRA Deemed University to edit/fill the application form with missed out information and resubmit.
- Approved candidates will receive the payment link from SASTRA Deemed University through email to pay fees and register for applied programme on SASTRA University website.
- Registered candidates will receive Activation Code with link from SASTRA Deemed University through email to activate the programme on TCS iON Digital Learning Hub.
- Candidates can login to TCS iON Digital Learning Hub and click on ‘Click Here’ (Activate Semester) on Programme Microsite to activate the courses per semester.
- Learning programme will be added to learner’s dashboard subject to successful activation.
- Proof of identity: Aadhaar card, Passport, Voter ID card, PAN card with photograph, any other Government issued photo identity card
- Proof of address: Aadhaar card, Passport, Voter ID card, gas bill, bank statement, postpaid mobile statement
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Students who have passed their 10+2 from a recognised Board/Institution or having 10+3 (Polytechnic) diploma from recognised institution are eligible to join this learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong career in Information technology, through online sessions, practice and summative assessments, and projects. Learners will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters from industries like IT/ITES, FinTech, EdTech, and others.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions, assessments, and hands-on learning experience through projects and internships.
- The 'Program Calendar' on community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- Students must attend all the online classes. However, in order to provide for illness and such other contingencies, a minimum attendance percentage has been prescribed. It is desirable to have 70% of attendance during the semester/year. Percentage of attendance of a student will be calculated basis the number of periods attended divided by the total number of periods actually conducted from the date of his/her admission and multiplied by 100. Students will also be required to complete 70% of e-content provided in the online learning portal.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, a student can come back and complete the programme in not more than 6 years.
- Online learning materials will be based on the applicable norms laid down by competent authority of UGC, and provided to the students as and when necessary. These eLearning materials, in Four-Quadrant approach, will be made available on the TCS iON Digital Learning Hub using various collaboration enablers. This digital content will also be made accessible to all the registered students in a streamlined way using proper credentials.
- The programme will be offered in a semester pattern. For each credited course that the student is undergoing during a semester, there is a Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) for a maximum of 30 marks, based on the student’s performance in the proctored online - assessments, seminars, quizzes, assignments, and so forth.
- There will be one proctored online examination of 3 hours duration at the end of the semester for each credited course.
- Students will have to pay and book a seat for re-examination.
- Learners should have completed 70% attendance for live lecture sessions and should be able to complete 70% of online learning content provided on the learning portal.
- Completion of all credited courses per semester (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments). Out of a total of 100 marks allotted for each semester, 30 marks are allotted for continuous internal assessment and 70 marks for the end-semester examination.
- A student’s performance is measured by the number of credits that the student has earned and the weighted grade point average.
- Semester-wise grades are awarded to the students by adopting the following scheme, based on the aggregate marks scored by the student in the credited courses (which includes internal assessment marks and end-semester examination marks).
- 91% and Higher: Grade S: Grade point - 10: Description of Performance - Outstanding
- 80% and Higher: Grade A+: Grade point - 9: Description of Performance - Excellent
- 70% and Higher: Grade A: Grade point - 8: Description of Performance - Very Good
- 60% and higher: Grade B: Grade point - 7: Description of Performance - Good
- 50% and Higher: Grade C: Grade point - 6: Description of Performance - Satisfactory
- 40% and Higher: Grade D: Grade point - 5: Description of Performance - Pass
- Less than 40%: Grade F: Grade point - 2: Description of Performance - Fail
- A student should necessarily register for the end-semester examinations in all the regular and applicable arrear courses.
- The average performance of a student in a particular semester is expressed as Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA).
- This programme is designed in consultation with academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- In addition to the degree, learners can also opt for TCS iON Courses and TCS iON National Qualifier Test (NQT) to enhance their job accessibility. TCS NQT score is a validation of their cognitive and aptitude skills.
- Remote or on-site Internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Semester-end examination will be held digitally viz. computer-based and online proctored. Candidates can appear for the exams from the comfort of their homes. A laptop or desktop computer with a functioning webcam connected to the internet is required to appear for the exams. The details of the examination schedule will be made available in the photo admit card issued for appearing in the term-end theory examinations. Eligible students will be given admit cards to appear for the term-end examination. Students will have to produce their identity card and admit card to appear for the examination. The examination pattern will be available in the programme guide provided to the students.
- Refund will only be issued within 15 days of programme commencement. Also, the student should not have accessed the online learning materials.