Make a life-changing career decision now!
A Network Administrator is responsible for keeping an organisation's computer network operating and up-to-date as intended.
Potential Job Opportunities
10,000+ jobs listed across various industries
Potential to earn an average salary of
₹ 4.0 LPA
IT and Telecom companies, BFSI, Healthcare, Universities and more
- Commencement Date 1st November, 2022
- Duration 586 hours
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria Diploma Final Year or B.E./B.Tech pursuing (Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and IT)
Minimum Age: 16 Years
- Multiple intermediate assessments and one final assessment leading to certification.
- Final assessment date will be announced, 1 month in advance.
- Total Credits 19
Lecture Credits 13Practical Credits 6
- Course Format Blended with online Live Lectures and Hands-on Learning at Learning and Assessment (L&A) Centre
What you will learn in the course
India is the emerging IT hub of Asia where a Network Administrator job role is high in demand. Network Administrators are responsible for establishing network infrastructure. Network automation and programming take around 70% of focus in any IT organisation, leading to a huge demand in skilled and certified network administrators.
This programme is aimed at training candidates for the job role of a Network Administrator in the Telecom sector/industry and aims in building key competencies. Learners will get skilled in planning, designing, establishing, and managing network infrastructure. They will also learn to carry out preventive maintenance of the network by ensuring that the connectivity is always maintained and is error and loop-free.
The course syllabus will be delivered through a combination of learning resources, live lectures, community-based interactions and hands-on experience at L&P Centres as applicable.
- Introduction to data communication networks such as LAN, WAN systems
- Basic concept of firewalls, routers, switches, Wi-Fi and access points, IP addressing both IPv4 and IPv6
- Compare different routing protocols TCP/IP, UDP, Telnet, and more
- List the different ways of configuring access points, routers, and switches
- Compare LAN and VLAN and their limitations
- Outline the network protocol standards followed by network devices for communication
- Illustrate network topologies including all wired/wireless media devices
- Explain the various mobile and data technologies
- List the various product and service offerings in the networking sector
- Outline the documentation process for a network
- Explain data confidentiality
- Identify network infrastructure requirements
- Illustrate installation of network devices and implementation
- Configure network hardware, software, routers, devices and interfaces
- Install operating systems, monitoring and management tools in a device
- Test and evaluate procedure for the performance of a network
- Follow the basic operating policies and procedures
- Identify network infrastructure services
- Identify network service level issues and root causes using diagnostic tools
- Inspect network devices based on maintenance schedule
- Generate network reports as per the customer requirement
- Identify requirement for upgradation of hardware and software components
- Obtain sign-off from the customer as per required documentation
- Construct computer network using various network management systems
- Examine the primary and secondary links
- Generate fault notifications on prompt basis
- Perform the checklist for corrective maintenance of network equipments
- Develop network logs for the events
- Demonstrate general safety while handling electrical/electronic devices
- Classify proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Analyse work environment area protection
- Escalate safety incidents to relevant authorities as per guidelines
- Follow the organisation's emergency procedures promptly, calmly, and efficiently
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance to the level of competence and legal requirements
- Project (Industry-oriented)
*Modules are subject to change based on Academic Partner’s discretion; learners will be informed of the ﬁnal curriculum during the orientation.
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Devesh Chandra Lal
Devesh Chandra Lal has completed BCA and Diploma in Production Engineering and holds a professional certification from Microsoft and Cisco. He has a rich experience of 26 years in the field of IT, Networking and CISCO training and has also been awarded as one of the best trainers for “Cisco Instructors” in Asia Pacific Region.
Kapil Shrivastava has completed MBA in IT and HR and holds Cisco certifications in CCNA, CCNA (Security) and IT Essentials. He is also a Certified Cisco and D-Link trainer. He has a total professional experience of around 20 years in IT training for job seekers and industries and has worked as a technical expert for the Department of Health (GoI and GoMP). His areas of expertise are design, managing and securing LAN and WAN using Cisco and Microsoft technologies.
- Candidates must apply on OR before the application closure date.
- Verification of candidate details will be done by Academic Partner.
- If the application is approved, candidates will receive an approval notification via email.
- In case the application gets rejected; candidates will not be able to enrol for the course.
- If there is any information missing in the application form, candidates would be asked to resubmit the application form with missed out information and resubmit.
- Approved candidates will receive the Activation Code from their respective institutions to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learner's dashboard subject to successful payment and activation.
- Students pursuing diploma (and are in their final year), undergraduates, freshers, working professionals, cross-skilled professionals or hobbyists are eligible to join this learning programme. Learners will develop skills required for a Network Administrator or a Network Engineer professional in the Computer Networking sector. Learners can also start their own Computer Networking consultancy and services firm leading to self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- The course includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, simulation labs, community-based interactions and hands-on learning experience in the Learning and Assessment Centre.
- 70% attendance for scheduled live lecture sessions on the learning platform and 70% attendance for scheduled practical sessions at L&P Centre is mandatory.
- It is recommended to complete the course during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, learner will need to purchase the course again.
- Learning and Assessment Centre (L&A) is a facility where the hands-on/practical part of the learning programme will be conducted.
- Once assigned, any request for change of Learning and Assessment Centre will not be accepted due to scheduling and logistic reasons.
- Based on the programme construct and availability of slots, learners can be assigned with another date. Learners should connect with the respective L&A Centre to check and book the slot.
- The course includes two sets of assessments Intermediate and Final.
- Intermediate Assessments: These are module-wise assessments, quizzes/assignments that are planned at regular intervals through the entire course duration. The end of module exams have no weightage in the final summative score of this course.
- Final Assessment: Final assessment will be conducted at end of the learning programme.
- Learners need to secure minimum 50% of marks to pass the final assessment (both in theory and practical).
- Learners will get two attempts to clear the final exam. An exam fee will be applicable for the second attempt.
If the learner is not able to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to purchase the course again.
- Learners should have 70% attendance for live lecture sessions and 70% attendance for practical sessions at L&P Centre.
- Completion of all course nodes (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments).
- Successful completion of summative/final assessment and projects (as applicable).
- The following is the performance grade structure for the final assessment for this programme:
- 70% and Higher: Grade A
- 60% to < 69.99%: Grade B
- 50% to < 59.99%: Grade C
- 0.0% to < 49.99%: Grade D - Fail
- Learners who have not cleared/appeared for the summative assessments can reappear for the same. Candidates will be provided total of 2 attempts to clear the summative exams.
- This programme is designed in consultation with our academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- In addition to the course certificate, learners can also opt for
TCS iON National Qualifier Test(NQT) from TCS iON to enhance their job accessibility. TCS NQT Score is a validation of their cognitive and aptitude skills.
- Remote or on-site internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.