Make a life-changing career decision now!
The global logistics market was valued at US$7,641.20 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach US$12,975.64 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.5% from 2020 to 2027. In the financial year 2021, the size of the Indian logistics market was around US$250 billion. It is estimated that this market would grow to US$380 billion by 2025, at a CAGR between 10 to 12 percent. India has a higher logistics cost as a percentage of GDP at 14 percent, as compared to the BRICS average of 11 percent.
Potential Job Opportunities
2 Lakh+ job opportunities across various job portals
Average salary ranges between
₹ 2.2 LPA to ₹ 3.5 LPA
Logistics, Ecommerce, FMCG, Electronics, Modern Retail, Manufacturing
- Commencement Date To be announced
- Duration 3 years
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria Candidates should have passed their 10+2 from a recognised National or State Board/Institution or any other competent Agency accepted by SASTRA's Board of Management. Candidates having 10+3 (Polytechnic) diploma from recognised institution.
Minimum Age: NA
- Total marks - 100 (30 marks for Continuous Internal Assessment (Topic-wise OR Subject-wise) + 70 marks for Semester-end examination)
- Total Credits 120
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Programme Format Blended (Self-paced + Live Lectures + Hands-on Learning with projects and remote internships)
What you will learn in the programme
Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA (Online Degree) programme of SASTRA Deemed-to-be-University is a gateway to innumerable opportunities in both academia and industry. It enables the students to pursue their dream across various functions of the logistics sector.
This programme, built by academic and industry experts is designed to impart the knowledge of theoretical concepts and at the same time ensure that the students are adequately exposed to the practical aspects of both business and logistics functions through online live lectures, interactive learning content and mini projects.
TCS iON will also provide access to their job listing portal, where students can directly apply for internships and jobs with the industry leaders.
The programme syllabus will be delivered through a combination of learning resources like live and recorded lectures, online reading material, quizzes, case studies, community-based interactions and hands-on experience via projects and internships.
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Business Management
- Fundamentals of Logistics
- Materials Management
- Business Organisation
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- Warehousing and Distribution Operations
- Retail Logistics and E-Commerce
- Managerial Practice Project Report - I
- Basics of Computing
- Indian Economic and Business Model
- Cost Accounting
- Freight Forwarding (Ocean and Air Cargo)
- Surface Transportation
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Human Resources Management
- Managerial Economics
- Port Terminal Logistics
- Air Cargo Operations Process
- Managerial Practice Project Report - II
- Resources Management Techniques
- Principles of Financial Management
- Business Law
- MIS for Logistics
- International Logistics Management
- Ethics and Gandhian Thoughts
- International Business Management
- Environmental Studies
- Logistics Network Design
- Introduction to Indian Goods and Service Tax and Customs Regulations
- Managerial Practice Project Report - III
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic and Industry Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic and Industry Experts.
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Dr. Suresh Acharya
Dr. Suresh Acharya has a doctorate in Marketing with a combined work experience of 22 years, including 9 years in the industry. He holds an MBA from AACSB accredited institution. He has a wide teaching experience in Marketing and Strategy to MBA and Executive MBA programmes. While in the industry, he has worked in export marketing, covering Asia, Middle East, North Africa, Australia and has travelled to these countries for business mobilisation.
Dr. R. Amudha
Dr. R. Amudha has a Postgraduate degree in the field of Commerce from Bharathidasan University and is a fellow member of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India, Kolkata. She has 34 years of academic experience. She handles programmes such as Financial Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, and others.
Dr. V. Rengarajan
Dr. V. Rengarajan is a Commerce and Management Graduate and holds a PhD in Commerce. He has more than 30 years of teaching experience. He has worked in several institutions of premier status in the state of Tamil Nadu. He has presented 18 papers at National and International level conferences. He has published 22 articles in SCOPUS Indexed Journals.
Dr. R. Alamelu
Dr. R. Alamelu is a passionate management enabler having a blend of research and academic experience with competency in developing and delivering learner-centric pedagogy. She has 20+ years of academic experience and has published 78+ papers in indexed international journals. She pursued her doctoral degree in Quality Management and has authored a book titled ’Management Information System’ and is actively involved as a consultant for selected small-scale industries in Tamil Nadu.
Dr. N. Shobhana
Dr. N. Shobhana is an Assistant Professor in the School of Management at SASTRA Deemed University. She is a HR Management professional with 18 years of experience in teaching postgraduate students in the stream of Business Administration. She has obtained her doctoral degree in the field of women's entrepreneurship from Anna University, Chennai.
Dr. C. Therasa
Dr. C. Therasa is an Assistant Professor in the School of Management at SASTRA Deemed University. She has completed B.Tech from SASTRA and MBA from Gnanam School of Business. She has two years of corporate experience as a Junior Consultant in Object Frontier Software Private Ltd. She has a PhD in Human Resource Management. Her areas of teaching and research interests include Organisational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Behavioural Psychology and Consumer Behaviour.
Dr. M. Mallikaarjunan
Dr. M. Mallikaarjunan is a Senior Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics, School of Arts, Science and Humanities at SASTRA Deemed University. He has 15 years of experience in both teaching and research. He has completed his PhD and D.Sc in 2008 and 2021 respectively and has published 113 papers which include 40 SCI/SCIE and 60 SCOPUS Indexed Journals. He has published a book titled ‘Introduction to LaTeX’, from Lambert Academic Publishing Corporation, Germany, 2013.
Dr. E. Koperundevi
Dr. E. Koperundevi has been working in the Department of English at SASTRA Deemed University for more than three decades. She handles classes for Engineering, Management, Law, MCA Optometry and B.Ed students. She received her PhD from SASTRA University in 2010. She has contributed to chapters for three books in English for the B.Tech Undergraduate Distance Education Programmes of SASTRA University.
Dr. Sashikala Govindarajulu
Dr. Sashikala Govindarajulu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of English at SASTRA Deemed University. She has a total of 17 years of teaching experience and is passionate about fostering academic development of students through a variety of learning modalities and support materials. She applies innovative teaching methods like ‘Flipped Classroom’ and ‘Collaborative Learning’ to encourage students’ involvement in the teaching-learning process.
- Candidates must apply on OR before the application closure date on TCS iON Digital Learning Hub and complete their application process on the SASTRA Deemed University website.
- Verification of candidate details and application will be done by SASTRA Deemed University on completing the application form on their website.
- If the application is approved, candidates will receive an approval notification via email/sms from SASTRA Deemed University.
- In case the application gets rejected by SASTRA Deemed University; candidates will not be able to enrol for the programme.
- If there is any information missing in the application form, candidates would be asked by SASTRA Deemed University to edit/fill the application form with missed out information and resubmit.
- Approved candidates will receive the payment link from SASTRA Deemed University through email to pay fees and register for applied programme on SASTRA University website.
- Registered candidates will receive Activation Code with link from SASTRA Deemed University through email to activate the programme on TCS iON Digital Learning Hub.
- Candidates can login to TCS iON Digital Learning Hub and click on ‘Click Here’ (Activate Semester) on Programme Microsite to activate the courses per semester.
- Learning programme will be added to learner’s dashboard subject to successful activation.
- Proof of identity: Aadhaar card, Passport, Voter ID card, PAN card with photograph, any other Government issued photo identity card
- Proof of address: Aadhaar card, Passport, Voter ID card, gas bill, bank statement, postpaid mobile statement
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Students who have passed their 10+2 from a recognised Board/Institution or having 10+3 (Polytechnic) diploma from recognised institution are eligible to join this learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong career in supply chain and logistics, through online sessions, practice and summative assessments, and projects. Learners will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters from logistics and other industries.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions, assessments, and hands-on learning experience through projects and internships.
- The 'Program Calendar' on community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- Students must attend all the online classes. However, in order to provide for illness and such other contingencies, a minimum attendance percentage has been prescribed. It is desirable to have 70% of attendance during the semester/year. Percentage of attendance of a student will be calculated basis the number of periods attended divided by the total number of periods actually conducted from the date of his/her admission and multiplied by 100. Students will also be required to complete 70% of e-content provided in the online learning portal.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, a student can come back and complete the programme in not more than 6 years.
- Online learning materials will be based on the applicable norms laid down by competent authority of UGC, and provided to the students as and when necessary. These eLearning materials, in Four-Quadrant approach, will be made available on the TCS iON Digital Learning Hub using various collaboration enablers. This digital content will also be made accessible to all the registered students in a streamlined way using proper credentials.
- The programme will be offered in a semester pattern. For each credited course that the student is undergoing during a semester, there is a Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) for a maximum of 30 marks, based on the student’s performance in the proctored online - assessments, seminars, quizzes, assignments, and so forth.
- There will be one proctored online examination of 3 hours duration at the end of the semester for each credited course.
- Students will have to pay and book a seat for re-examination.
- Learners should have completed 70% attendance for live lecture sessions and should be able to complete 70% of online learning content provided on the learning portal.
- Completion of all credited courses per semester (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments). Out of a total of 100 marks allotted for each semester, 30 marks are allotted for continuous internal assessment and 70 marks for the end-semester examination.
- A student’s performance is measured by the number of credits that the student has earned and the weighted grade point average.
- Semester-wise grades are awarded to the students by adopting the following scheme, based on the aggregate marks scored by the student in the credited courses (which includes internal assessment marks and end-semester examination marks).
- 91% and Higher: Grade S: Grade point - 10: Description of Performance - Outstanding
- 80% and Higher: Grade A+: Grade point - 9: Description of Performance - Excellent
- 70% and Higher: Grade A: Grade point - 8: Description of Performance - Very Good
- 60% and higher: Grade B: Grade point - 7: Description of Performance - Good
- 50% and Higher: Grade C: Grade point - 6: Description of Performance - Satisfactory
- 40% and Higher: Grade D: Grade point - 5: Description of Performance - Pass
- Less than 40%: Grade F: Grade point - 2: Description of Performance - Fail
- A student should necessarily register for the end-semester examinations in all the regular and applicable arrear courses.
- The average performance of a student in a particular semester is expressed as Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA).
- This programme is designed in consultation with academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- In addition to the degree, learners can also opt for TCS iON Courses and TCS iON National Qualifier Test (NQT) to enhance their job accessibility. TCS NQT score is a validation of their cognitive and aptitude skills.
- Remote or on-site Internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Semester-end examination will be held digitally viz. computer-based and online proctored. Candidates can appear for the exams from the comfort of their homes. A laptop or desktop computer with a functioning webcam connected to the internet is required to appear for the exams. The details of the examination schedule will be made available in the photo admit card issued for appearing in the term-end theory examinations. Eligible students will be given admit cards to appear for the term-end examination. Students will have to produce their identity card and admit card to appear for the examination. The examination pattern will be available in the programme guide provided to the students.
- Refund will only be issued within 15 days of programme commencement. Also, the student should not have accessed the online learning materials.