Smart Manufacturing with Industry 4.0
Enhance Your Career with this Course!
Industry 4.0 has become a key necessity for industries to remain globally competitive and to increase the productivity with effective utilisation of machines.
Potential Job Opportunities
6,000+ jobs listed across various industries
Potential to earn an average salary of
₹ 7 LPA to ₹ 8 LPA
Manufacturing, Automotive, Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Defence
- Commencement Date
- Duration 30 hours
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria Graduates/Working Professionals/Final Year Students from any stream
Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Final assessment at the end of the learning programme
- Total Credits NA
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Course Format Blended with online Live Lectures and Hands-on Learning at Learning and Assessment (L&A) Centre
What you will learn in the course
As claimed Industry 4.0 could decrease the production cost, logistics cost and quality management cost. To create an integrative and collaborative environment, by adding Cyber Physical systems and considering consumers as part of production process the conception of Industry 4.0 is necessary. Learn from leading Industry 4.0 practitioners.
This course is designed to help learners develop knowledge and awareness on the Smart Manufacturing Solutions and Industry 4.0 concepts. The course enables attendees to identify new vista of opportunities and prepare them to face the future challenges and opportunities using Industry 4.0.
The course syllabus will be delivered through a combination of learning resources, live lectures, community-based interactions and a visit to the Learning and Assessment Centre for hands-on exposure to Industry 4.0 technology.
- Context setting - Lean manufacturing
- I4.0 basic overview
- Industry 4.0 practical applications in Industry Creation of road map for deployment of I4.0
- Smart automation for better productivity
- Role of Industrial drives and its application in Industry 4.0
- IIoT - Recent trends and opportunities in the manufacturing industry
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications and its requirements
- Analog and digital sensor interfacing
- Data Analytics and AI
- Business Intelligence overview
- MQTT based IoT application development
- Role of machine learning in the manufacturing industry
- Linux in Embedded/IoT application development
- TCP/IP and HTTP communication for collection of data and uploading of data to cloud.
- Additive Manufacturing technologies
- Design considerations for Additive Manufacturing
- Overview of Plant simulation
- Overview of Robotic process automation
*Modules are subject to change based on Academic Partner’s discretion; learners will be informed of the ﬁnal curriculum during the orientation.
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Continuous skills competency check highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Manager Training, NTTF
G. Jayakumar is a Post Graduate Engineer in Computer Science with rich experience in software projects development and implements effective methods to educate and enhance learning ability of individuals. He is currently working as a Manager - Training, handling corporate training in Cyber Security, IoT and Industry 4.0.
Manager, Connected Industry and I4.0, Bosch
Jayashankar M. is working as a Manager, Connected Industry and I4.0 at Bosch. He has completed B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BMS College of Engineering. He is a Certified MES Architect and has 20+ years of experience in Industry as a Digital Transformation Expert, MES Architect, Digital Solution Expert, Industrial Automation Expert and Vision Solution Provider.
Manager, Digital Engineering and I4.0, Bosch
Sandeep Rao is working as a Manager, Digital Engineering and I4.0 at Bosch. He has completed B.E in Mechanical Engineering from R.V. College of Engineering and has done PGP (Business Analytics and Business Intelligence) from University of Texas, Austin. He has 10+ years of experience in Industry in the field of Product Design, Project Management, Data Analytics and AI for Manufacturing and RPA.
- Candidates must apply on OR before the application closure date.
- Verification of candidate details will be done by Academic Partner.
- If the application is approved, candidates will receive an approval notification via email.
- In case the application gets rejected; candidates will not be able to enrol for the course.
- If there is any information missing in the application form, candidates would be asked to edit/fill the application form with missed out information and resubmit.
- Approved candidates will receive the Activation Code from their respective institutions to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learner’s dashboard subject to successful payment and activation.
- Any graduate or working professional is eligible to join the learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help build a strong hold across connected machines, Internet of Things through online sessions, practice and assessments. Learners will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters like MNCs, Manufacturing and Engineering Services Companies and Firms, etc.
- The course includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions and a visit to the Learning and Assessment Centre for hands-on exposure to Industry 4.0 technology.
- The course will be conducted on working days in the evening. Expected commitment from the participants is 3 hours daily.
- Learners are required to attend all live sessions or need to go through the recorded sessions.
- It is recommended to complete the course during the scheduled time period.
- Learning and Assessment (L&A) Centre is a facility where the hands-on/practical part of the learning programme will be conducted. Learners will be visiting the centre for one day at the end of the programme for gaining practical exposure.
- Learners will have a final assessment at the end of the learning programme.
- Learners should have attended all the live lecture sessions and completed the final assessment.
- This programme is designed in consultation with industry experts, which makes it more relevant to the current and future needs of the industry.
- Learners will have the opportunity to upgrade from their current level and enhance their skills.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.