3D Asset Creation for Games Using Maya
Make a life-changing career decision now!
3D assets are 3-dimensional digital files that look more lifelike than flat images. 3D assets are used in movies, video games, animations and designing homes, creating layout for theatres, aircrafts, buses and more.
Potential Job Opportunities
25,000+ job opportunities across various job portals
Average salary ranges between
₹ 2.5to ₹ 3.0 LPA
Gaming, AR/VR, Game Development, Freelancing and others
- Commencement Date
- Duration 50 hours + 25 hours internship
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria 12thpass and above
Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Module-level quizzes and end-of-course assessment
- 6+ Module-level mini projects and a final project at the end of the course to demonstrate knowledge and build a design portfolio.
- Total Credits NA
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Course Format Online (Self-paced + Live Lectures + Hands-on Learning)
What you will learn in the course
As per CII BCG report published in 2021, the gaming sector will generate revenues of $175.8 billion by the end of the year, and there will be 2.9 billion players worldwide. The sector has witnessed tremendous growth in the last 5 years and is expected to treble in value and reach $3.9 billion by 2025. According to KPMG Report, the number of online gamers in India grew from ~250 million gamers in 2018 to ~400 million gamers by the mid of 2020.
This programme will impart knowledge to learners in creating 3D assets for game development and AR/VR requirements, and take them from a beginner level to an intermediate level. They will learn how to create optimised 3D models using Maya, along with the basics of shading and texturing. They will also develop a good knowledge of packaging 3D assets to various game engines.
By end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of gaming
- Cater to AR/VR and animation industry requirements for designers
- Create props and background for games
- Create complete 3D models based on requirements
Learn and practise on interface, features, tools, node-based workflow curve tools and poly tools to get an exposure to the 3D asset creation software Maya.
Create simple props using curve and polygon modelling process, surface tools and advanced polygon tools in Maya.
Create highly complex, low and high poly props using Maya. Get demos by the industry mentors on important elements, which will help to undertake 2 mini projects in this module.
Create game backgrounds and environments using Maya and undertake 2+ mini projects to be able to understand the end-to-end process.
Create complex 3D background models for games in Maya and undertake mini projects for practice.
Create layout UVs for texturing by working on mini projects to develop all types of models in UV texturing for props and backgrounds.
Develop skills in Maya to work on shaders and texture objects and undertake mini projects to do it yourself.
Explore the optimal settings required for exporting models from various game environments and engine.
Get mentorship from industry experts to create a portfolio and showcase the 3D assets created by you for employment and projects.
*Modules are subject to change based on Academic Partner’s discretion; learners will be informed of the ﬁnal curriculum during the orientation.
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Toonz Academy, Thiruvananthapuram
Vimoh is an accomplished 3D mentor. He has worked on many popular movies and animated series and is constantly on the lookout for new ideas. He is a senior mentor at Toonz Academy and is an expert in 3D Modelling, Texturing, Lighting and Animation.
- Learners need to apply on or before the application end date.
- Learners will receive an activation code post successful payment to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learners' dashboard on successful activation.
- Young aspirants who have passed 12th grade and would like to pursue a career in digital designing can join this learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong career in 3D Asset Creation and Modelling through online sessions, practice and assessments, live projects, including hands-on learning with studio projects. With guided lessons on putting together their work portfolio, learners will get an opportunity to apply their skills and showcase their work, and a chance to earn an internship spot with the award winning Toonz Animation Studio.
- There are no prerequisites. Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria can join this learning programme. It will be good to have a passion and flair for gaming and programming. Basic understanding of C++, image editing or 3D software would be an advantage but is not compulsory.
- Yes. Learners will need to have computer systems to attend live lecture as per schedule, and also work on projects given as a part of hands-on learning and practice.
- Software and Hardware requirements for this programme include:
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32 or 64 bit)
- 8 GB or more RAM (Recommended)
- Minimum 8 GB of available disk space (Recommended)
- Minimum 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- The software covered in this programme are Autodesk Maya, Unity 3D, and so on. Learners will be able to download the software from the internet or through a link provided to them in the induction email. Licence key to the software will also be provided in the email so that learners use the authentic version of software and have a world-class hands-on learning experience.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions and hands-on learning experience using online designing tools.
- The 'Programme Calendar' community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- After completion of this programme, learners will be able to create 3D assets and props for game requirements for any game environment. Learners will be able to create 3D models for other industrial requirements as well.
- 70% attendance for scheduled live lecture sessions on the learning platform is mandatory for the programme completion.
- You will be working on different types of 3D asset creation projects to build game characters and props.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, learner will need to purchase the programme again.
- The programme includes two sets of assessments Intermediate and Final.
- Intermediate Assessments: These are module-wise assessments, quizzes/assignments that are planned at regular intervals through the entire programme duration. The end of module exams have no weighatge in the final summative score of this programme.
- Final Assessment: Final assessment will be conducted at end of the learning programme.
- Learners need to secure minimum 60% of marks to pass the final assessment (both in theory and practical).
- Learners will get two attempts to clear the final exam. An exam fee will be applicable for the second attempt.
If the learner is not able to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to purchase the programme again.
- Learners should have 70% attendance for live lecture sessions.
- Completion of all module nodes (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments).
- Successful completion of summative/final assessment and projects (as applicable).
- The following is the performance grade structure for the final assessment for this programme:
- 80% and Higher: Grade A
- 70% to < 79.99%: Grade B
- 60% to < 69.99%: Grade C
- 0.0% to < 59.99%: Grade D - Fail
- This programme is designed in consultation with our academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- Remote or on-site Internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.
- Yes. Learners need to complete the projects assigned to them as a part of their portfolio compilation.