Make a life-changing career decision now!
Motion Graphics, also called Motion Design, helps in making the relationship between movement and design elements easier to understand. As per Precedence Research, the global animation market size is expected to hit around US$ 642.5 billion by 2030. India's motion graphics industry was valued at around ₹ 53 billion in 2020, with estimates of growth up to ₹ 129 billion by 2023.
Potential Job Opportunities
25,000+ job opportunities across various job portals
Average salary ranges between
₹2.5 to ₹ 3.0 LPA
Advertising, Film and Media, Publication, Freelancing and others
- Commencement Date
- Duration 50 hours + 25 hours internship
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria 12th pass and above with a passion for Motion Graphics and Video Editing
Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Module-level quizzes and end-of-course assessment.
- 5+ Module-level mini projects and a final project at the end of the course to demonstrate knowledge and build a design portfolio required by the industry.
- Total Credits NA
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Course Format Online (Self-paced + Live Lecture + Hands-on Learning)
What you will learn in the course
This course will impart knowledge to students and take them from a beginner level to an intermediate level in Motion Graphics. Students will be able to create the elements required for motion graphics and will get a good exposure in creating motion graphics animations. They will also learn the skills required in creating eLearning content, title animation, effects animation and video editing.
By end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create Motion Graphics videos
- Create explainer videos
- Create Educational Content
- Create signature and titling animation
- Create Motion Posters
Practice the typography, colours, layout and other elements of design.
Explore motion graphics, production process and work on software tools and techniques for the motion graphic designing and editing.
Build a good knowledge about the different file formats, colour systems and design concepts used in various industries like print and digital media.
Explore layer-based compositing and understand the concepts, processes, and tools to make a motion design.
Practice 2D and 3D compositing, effects, colour and screen settings like Assign Profile Automate, Script Proof Setup, Gamut Warning, Bit Preview, Screen Mode Show, Pixel Aspect Ratio to be able to make creative and clean design options.
Gain knowledge on layer-based animation, keyframe animation and other animation effects like blended modes to create appealing design motions and functions.
Learn masking of layers and animation of layers to be able to make it a motion graphic design.
Gain in-depth knowledge of using 3D layers, space, Z dimension, 3D Rotation, Z scale, 3D motions paths in a design. Get exposure to necessary settings of camera and lighting while capturing a video or object for design.
Develop a good understanding about various file formats as outputs. Gain knowledge about rendering outputs and get hands-on practice on Adobe Media Encoder.
*Modules are subject to change based on Academic Partner’s discretion; learners will be informed of the ﬁnal curriculum during the orientation.
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Toonz Academy, Thiruvananthapuram
Vinod is a highly passionate mentor with over 21 years of experience in 3D Animation and Visual Effects. A graduate from the University of Pune, Vinod has a certification in Advanced Animation & Visual Effects in Silicon Graphics Platform. He is also certified in Maya from Alias Wavefront. He has served on the judges panel for the World Skills Competition. He takes great pride in his constant R&D in the field of animation film making, visual effects and virtual film production.
- Learners need to apply on or before the application end date.
- Learners will receive an activation code post successful payment to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learners' dashboard on successful activation.
- Young aspirants who have passed 12th grade and would like to pursue a career in digital designing can join this learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong career in Motion Graphics through online sessions, practice and assessments, live projects, including hands-on learning with studio projects. With guided lessons on putting together their work portfolio, learners will get an opportunity to apply their skills and showcase their work, and a chance to earn an internship spot with the award winning Toonz Animation Studio.
- There are no prerequisites. Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria can join this learning programme. It will be good to have basic drawing and visualisation skills and knowledge of computers and windows operating system.
- Yes. Learners will need to have computer systems to attend live lecture as per schedule, and also work on projects given as a part of hands-on learning and practice.
- Software and Hardware requirements for this programme include:
- Learning edition of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop (You will be guided by Academic Expert)
- 64-bit quad-core Processor
- 16 GB RAM
- HD display monitor
- Three-button mouse or Wacom tablet CTL 470 recommended
- Graphics card with 4 GB RAM
- The software covered are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Audition, and more. Learners will be able to download the software from the internet or through a link provided to them in the induction email. Licence key to the software will also be provided in the email so that learners use the authentic version of software and have a world-class hands-on learning experience.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions and hands-on learning experience using online designing tools.
- The 'Programme Calendar' community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- 70% attendance for scheduled live lecture sessions on the learning platform is mandatory for the programme completion.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, learner will need to purchase the programme again.
- You will be working on projects like simple motion graphics animation, creating motion posters, eLearning content, creating explainer videos, title and signature animation, and more.
- The programme includes two sets of assessments Intermediate and Final.
- Intermediate Assessments: These are module-wise assessments, quizzes/assignments that are planned at regular intervals through the entire programme duration. The end of module exams have no weightage in the final summative score of this programme.
- Final Assessment: Final assessment will be conducted at end of the learning programme.
- Learners need to secure minimum 60% of marks to pass the final assessment (both in theory and practical).
- Learners will get two attempts to clear the final exam. An exam fee will be applicable for the second attempt.
If the learner is not able to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to purchase the programme again.
- a. Learners should have 70% attendance for live lecture sessions.
- b. Completion of all course nodes (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments).
- c. Successful completion of summative/final assessment and projects (as applicable).
- d. The following is the performance grade structure for the final assessment for this programme:
- 80% and Higher: Grade A
- 70% to < 79.99%: Grade B
- 60% to < 69.99%: Grade C
- 0.0% to < 59.99%: Grade D - Fail
- e. Learners who have not cleared/appeared for the summative assessments can reappear for the same. Candidates will be provided total of 2 attempts to clear the summative exams.
- This programme is designed in consultation with our academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- Remote or on-site internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.
- Yes. Learners need to complete the projects assigned to them as a part of their portfolio compilation.