Game Development on Unity
Make a life-changing career decision now!
Unity is a tool that allows you to accomplish different types of tasks related to the game production process. Unity provides game developers with a 2D and 3D platform to create video games.
Potential Job Opportunities
25,000+ job opportunities across various job portals
Average salary range of
₹ 2.5to ₹ 3.5 LPA
Gaming, AR/VR, Game Development, Freelance and others
- Commencement Date 14th November, 2022
- Duration 50 hours + 25 hours internship
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria 12th pass and above
Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Module-level quizzes and end-of-course assessment.
- 5+ Module level mini projects and a final project at the end of the course to demonstrate knowledge and building a design portfolio required by the industry.
- Total Credits NA
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Course Format Online (Self-paced + Live Lectures + Hands-on Learning)
What you will learn in the course
Games market had generated a revenue of $175.8 billion in 2021. By the end of 2022, there will be 2.9 billion players worldwide (BCG- CII Report, 2021). The sector has witnessed tremendous growth in the last 5 years and is expected to treble in value and reach $3.9 billion by 2025. The number of online gamers in India grew from ~250 million in 2018 to ~400 million by the mid of 2020. (KPMG Report).
This course will impart knowledge to students and take them from a beginner level to intermediate level in game development using Unity 3D. Students will explore the techniques of creating an FPS game using Unity 3D. They will also explore C# programming and visual studio. They will be using assets provided to them for creating the game.
By end of this course, you will be able to:
- Start working on Unity 3D
- Create simple games in Unity 3D
- Create 2D games in Unity 3D
- Create 3D Games in Unity 3D
Explore the game engine concepts, game development tools on Unity game development environment.
Use 3D tools, interface and use of sprites in Unity game environment for game design.
Get started on coding with C# programming. Develop gaming loops and functions through game programming.
Develop game movements and controls in Unity 3D. Also, learn about handling input devices in Unity.
Explore the techniques of developing 2D stimulations in a game on Unity 3D.
Build game scenarios using advanced coding concepts like logical expressions, “if/else” and "switch" statements.
Develop advanced game controls using concepts like Parent-Child Objects, Sorting Layers, Tagging Game Objects and Collision Layers in Unity 3D.
Use Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) to classify and manage different game objects.
Handle run-time exceptions and errors and the debugging process in Unity 3D environment for Game Development.
Explore advanced coding scripts and functions like Arrays, for() and foreach(), while() Loops in Unity 3D game environment.
*Modules are subject to change based on Academic Partner’s discretion; learners will be informed of the ﬁnal curriculum during the orientation.
Digital Learning Resources
Digital Learning Resources
Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
Academic Connect Community
Academic Connect Community
Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
Industry Connect Community
Industry Connect Community
Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
Access to projects to offer
Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
- Digital Learning Resources Enriching learning resources accessible anytime and anywhere
- Live Lectures Live lectures delivered by Academic Experts
- Academic Connect Community Moderated by an Academic Expert with a focus on building conceptual clarity
- Industry Connect Community Moderated by an Industry Expert with a focus on building industry-oriented applied knowledge
- Industry Assignments Access to projects to offer
industry-relevantpractical exposure to learners
- Intermediate Assessments Continuous check for skills competency highlighting scope for improvement
- Final Assessment End-term test of theoretical and applied knowledge
- Digital Certification Certificate issued by Academia and Industry on successful completion of the learning programme
- Internship Opportunity To provide on-the-job real-time industry exposure for learners in the respective learning programmes
- Job Opportunity Access to TCS iON Job Listing Portal - a hub of employment opportunities across sectors
Meet the Mentor(s)
Toonz Academy, Thiruvananthapuram
Abhiram gained his Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication from Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology and moved on to teaching. He is also the co-founder of Odyn Reality, an Extended Reality (XR) technology start-up. He is a Udacity VR Nanodegree graduate and a Unity Certified Developer. With over 5 years of experience, he is a Unity 3D Ambassador for Unity India and doubles as an XR Coach for Pupilfirst Pvt. Ltd. He was also a part of Future Technologies Lab, Kochi, as a Research Fellow in VR.
- Learners need to apply on or before the application end date.
- Learners will receive an activation code post successful payment to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learners' dashboard on successful activation.
- Young aspirants who have passed 12th grade and would like to pursue a career in digital designing can join this learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong career in Graphic Design through online sessions, practice and assessments, live projects, including hands-on learning with studio projects. With guided lessons on putting together their work portfolio, learners will get an opportunity to apply their skills and showcase their work, and a chance to earn an internship spot with the award winning Toonz Animation Studio.
- There are no prerequisites. Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria can join this learning programme. It will be good to have basic drawing and visualisation skills and knowledge of computers and windows operating system.
- Yes. Learners will need to have computer systems to attend live lecture as per schedule, and also work on projects given as a part of hands-on learning and practice.
- Software and Hardware requirements for this programme include:
- Learning edition of Unity 3d, Visual Studio (You will be guided by Academic Expert)
- 64-bit quad-core Processor
- Minimum 16 GB/32 GB RAM preferred
- HD display monitor
- Three-button mouse or Wacom tablet CTL-470 recommended
- Graphics card with minimum 6 GB RAM
- The software covered in this programme are Unity 3D, Photoshop, Blender and Maya files as game assets for 2D and 3D. Learners will be able to download the software from the internet or through a link provided to them in the induction email. Licence key to the software will also be provided in the email so that learners use the authentic version of software and have a world-class hands-on learning experience.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recordings of live sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions and hands-on learning experience using online designing tools.
- The 'Programme Calendar' community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- After completion of this course, learners will have a good understanding of end-to-end Game Development process in Unity 3D game engine. They will also be able to create and publish simple 2D and 3D games.
- 70% attendance for scheduled live lecture sessions on the learning platform is mandatory for the programme completion.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, learner will need to purchase the programme again.
- The programme includes two sets of assessments Intermediate and Final.
- Intermediate Assessments: These are module-wise assessments, quizzes/assignments that are planned at regular intervals through the entire programme duration. The end of module exams have no weighatge in the final summative score of this programme.
- Final Assessment: Final assessment will be conducted at end of the learning programme.
- Learners need to secure minimum 60% of marks to pass the final assessment (both in theory and practical).
- Learners will get two attempts to clear the final exam. An exam fee will be applicable for the second attempt.
If the learner is not able to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to purchase the programme again.
- Learners should have 70% attendance for live lecture sessions.
- Completion of all course nodes (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments).
- Successful completion of summative/final assessment and projects (as applicable).
- The following is the performance grade structure for the final assessment for this programme:
- 80% and Higher: Grade A
- 70% to < 79.99%: Grade B
- 60% to < 69.99%: Grade C
- 0.0% to < 59.99%: Grade D - Fail
- This programme is designed in consultation with our academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- Remote or on-site Internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.
- Yes. Learners need to complete the projects assigned to them as a part of their portfolio compilation.