Industry NQT - Information Technology
For more details, please refer to the FAQs.
1st May, 2021
1st May, 2021
Industry NQT - Information Technology
Prove your industry-specific knowledge in Information Technology and be ahead of other job seekers during the recruitment process.
- Anyone aspiring to build a career in the IT Industry
Who can Apply
- Developer, Programmer, System Analyst, Software Tester and Quality Assurer, Network Administrator, Business Analyst job roles in IT Industry
- Salary range of INR 3 to 6 Lakhs per annum
- Conducted online (at home) and physical In-Centre at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres
- All NQT variants are valid for two years
- Candidates with Industry NQT - Information Technology Score can apply for entry-level jobs on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
- NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite for any Industry NQT
About the Test
Awareness and Understanding of IT Industry
- Evaluate your awareness of different aspects of IT Industry like industry structure, processes and practices including regulatory bodies, competitive environment, IT trends, and so on.
Total Marks 45 | Duration 60 Mins
Advantages of Industry NQT - Information Technology
- Stand out among your peers by demonstrating your credibility in the IT Industry
- Get a Score Card that certifies your profile with the required knowledge level in the IT Industry
- Helps candidates to go through a transparent selection and recruitment process
- Get career opportunities provided by top recruiters on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
A structured test designed by subject matter experts and aligned with industry expectations
Standardised benchmark test for assessing Knowledge in the Information Technology Industry
Scheduled In-Centre Assessment at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres and Online Remote Proctored Assessment on the secured
Provides access to Top Corporates looking for talent on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
Have a Question?
If you want to know more about our products, pricing or anything else
- Industry NQT assesses awareness and understanding on a specific industry in the following areas:
- Industry structure - domains/sub-domains
- Operative language, processes and practices
- Regulatory environment
- Specific business and technological trends
- Competitive landscape
- Each candidate who completes the Industry NQT gets an Industry NQT Score for that particular industry. For example, Industry NQT- Banking. Industry NQTs are planned to be conducted every quarter. The candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores, if desired.
- There are Industry NQTs for multiple industries. The candidates wanting to showcase their expertise in multiple industries can appear for as many Industry NQTs as desired.
- NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite to appear for Industry NQT - Information Technology.
- 1. Click on the "Buy Now" or "Activate Now" button on Industry NQT - Information Technology.
- 2. Login with your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials or sign up as a new user.
- 3. After login/sign up, you will be asked to share your details required to complete your registration process. This includes your name, email ID, phone number, mode of assessment and other details.
- 4. In case of Buy Now: On successful submission of the registration form, you need to proceed to make the payment by clicking on "Click to Proceed". The Hall Ticket will be issued only on the successful purchase of the exam.
- 5. In case of Activate Now: A pop-up window will open, where you need to enter the Licence Code and click on the "Activate Now" button.
- 6. You will receive a successful registration message on your registered email ID/mobile number.
- 7. The assessment will be conducted in two modes online Remote Proctored Assessment and In-Centre Assessment.
- Online Remote Proctored Assessment, you will receive the login credentials on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment.
- In-Centre Assessment, you will receive the Hall Ticket on your email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment.
- 8. Repeat the process from step 4 for the purchase of every new TCS NQT Variant.
- TCS iON will allot test dates for the candidates and they will not be permitted to choose the test dates. Remember, the test date is 1st May, 2021. NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite to appear for Industry NQT - Information Technology.
- Candidates eligible to apply for the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) should meet the below eligibility criteria:
- UG, PG and Diploma students who are in their pre-final and final year of study during the period 2021-2023
- Candidates who have passed out in the year 2017-2020, with a degree and specialisation
- Freshers with less than 2 years of experience
- Age limit - minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years
- NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is a prerequisite for Industry NQT.
- Yes, NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite and is valid for 2 years. You may appear for Subject NQTs and Industry NQTs anytime within the validity period to achieve the best scores. However, after 2 years you have to purchase TCS NQT exams and other variants afresh.
- To purchase any new TCS NQT Variant, please follow step 4 onwards as given in Q.2.
- For the May 2021 schedule, TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) will be conducted in 2 modes:
- Online Remote Proctored Assessment
- In-Centre Assessment at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres PAN India
- You can choose one of these options while registering, based on the computer and network infrastructure availability at your home.
- You can view the registration details from 'View Details' on "My Dashboard". You can edit your application on or before the registration closure date.
- Yes, you can purchase and reappear for the NQT Variant, if you wish to improve the score. Only your best score will be mentioned on the score card.
- You may reappear for TCS NQT Variants to secure a better score.
- No, you do not need to apply again. You have to login to the product webpage and click on 'View Details' on "My Dashboard" to view your application. Next you need to click on 'Edit Application' from the right top corner of the screen to edit your application details.
- In case you face any issues, please reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282).
- After you complete the test, results will be processed and your scores will be shared to your registered email ID and mobile number that you provided during the test registration process. You can reach out to TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282).
- There is no cut-off score or PASS/FAIL criteria set to report your performance. You will be given a score that indicates your current ability in the topics that are assessed.
- You can apply to any company that recognises the Industry NQT Score and indicate your NQT registration number and score in the job application form of that company.
- Depending on the Industry NQT Score you have secured, you can apply to companies and job roles that accept such level of Industry NQT Scores.
- You can view the list of corporates who have acknowledged the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) Score on the product webpage.
- You can directly apply to the corporate for jobs with your Industry NQT Scores if you meet their eligibility criteria.
- You can apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal.
- Only candidates who have Industry NQT Scores will be eligible for the above mentioned.
- TCS iON will not arrange for any job interviews. You need to apply to the companies yourself. Your NQT Scores will be shared only with those companies that you have applied for a job and when they ask for it.
- You can view the list of corporates who have acknowledged the NQT Score on the product webpage.
- In addition, you can apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal, as this privilege is given only for the candidates who have appeared for TCS NQT.
- Each company's eligibility/filtering/selection criterion is based on the rules defined by them on the levels of different abilities required for a job and may also have additional eligibility/filtering/selection criteria.
- Your Industry NQT - Information Technology Score is valid for 2 years from the date of result publishing.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts. You can write the next TCS NQT (as and when it is announced) to improve your Industry NQT - Information Technology Scores. The highest score from among your attempts, will be considered as your current Industry NQT - Information Technology Score.
- No, the hall tickets can neither be transferred nor can be used for the next exam.
- Candidates who had indulged in any type of malpractice will not be permitted to take the test for a period of 1 year.
- You should opt for Online Remote Proctored Assessment, if you want to take it online using a laptop/desktop. Please make sure the following requirements are met. Mobile devices are not supported for this assessment.
- Windows/Ubuntu OS
- Google Chrome browser
- Minimum 2 mbps Internet connectivity
- A working webcam
- If you do not have the required infrastructure for the Online Remote Proctored Assessment, you can choose In-Centre option to appear for the test physically from TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres available PAN India.
- Once you complete your registration process:
- If you have opted for "Online Remote Proctored Assessment", you will receive the login credentials on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment. In case you have not received your login credentials, you can reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282) for support. You will not receive any hall ticket for this mode of assessment.
- If you have opted for "In-Centre Assessment", you will receive the Hall Ticket on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment. In case you have not received your hall ticket 2 days prior to the assessment, you can reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282) for support.
- You can view the registration details from 'View Details' on 'My Dashboard', using your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials. You can edit your application on or before the registration closure date, and change the mode of test from Online Remote Proctored Assessment to In-Centre Assessment and choose your city preference for the test. Similarly, you can also change mode of test from In-Centre Assessment to Online Remote Proctored Assessment.
- While the tests may be scheduled either on the same date or on different dates, the date and time slots will not overlap with the other tests that you choose. The details will be communicated through email for online and along with the Hall Ticket for In-Centre, 2 days prior to the exam.
- If you have selected your test mode as "Online Remote Proctored Assessment", TCS iON will conduct a mock test to check the infrastructure readiness for your computer. You will receive a communication by email confirming when these checks are to be conducted and if these checks are successful. In case these checks fail, we will try and help you to fix these issues. If the issues cannot be fixed, you will be given an option to edit your application and select the test mode as "In-Centre Assessment".
- If you are not able to appear for the exam due to any reason solely attributable to you, on the allotted date and time, no refund will be issued, and no retest will be conducted. You can repurchase and take the next TCS NQT, in the next cycle as and when the dates are announced.
- If you are not able to complete the exam successfully due to any reason solely attributable to you, no refund will be issued, and no retest will be conducted. You can repurchase and take the next TCS NQT, in the next cycle as and when the dates are announced.
- Even for travel restrictions imposed by the Govt. in the last minute due to COVID or other reasons, it is your responsibility to choose the preferred mode of test, while filling the application form, keeping such risks in mind.
- When you are taking the Online Remote Proctored Assessment, the computer will record your images randomly multiple times during the test. These images will be compared with the image that you have captured during the initial registration process. If any malpractice is detected your test will be treated as NULL and VOID, and your NQT scores will be WITHHELD and not shared with you.
- TCS iON will share links for taking mock tests on your registered email ID. You can take the mock test to familiarise yourself with the whole test process.
- If you face any issues during the test, you can reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282) for support.