Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing
For more details, please refer to the FAQs.
August 2021, November 2021
August 2021, November 2021
Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing
Tests your knowledge of Additive Manufacturing Principles
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or any graduate with 3D Design and Generative Design Skills
- Candidates who have experience in CAD and have an understanding of using both 2D and 3D CAD to create, design, and manipulate solid models, assemblies, layouts, and detail drawings
- Candidates having skills in 3D Printing, Material Science and Design Thinking
Who can Apply
- According to an expert research, the Additive Manufacturing market is predicted to reach $25 billion by 2022
- Demand of using Additive Manufacturing in research and development has increased from 37% in 2019 to 57% in 2021
- According to a survey, 87% of companies that use 3D Printing are expected to double their usage
- Increase of more than 1800% in the number of jobs seeking staff with Additive Manufacturing skills in the past decade
- More than 68% of the current entry-level job vacancies are in the Additive Manufacturing industry
- Conducted online (at home) and physical In-Centre at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres
- All NQT variants are valid for two years
- Candidates with NQT Score can apply for an entry-level role in any corporate
- Candidates with NQT Score can apply for jobs on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
- NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite for any Subject NQT
About the Test
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) - Overview of Additive Manufacturing
- AM Technologies - Understanding different AM processes
- Limitations of AM Systems - Understanding limitations of different AM processes
- Digital 3D Model Creation for AM - Learning to create the 3D model for AM
- Process Planning for AM - Understanding computer-aided process planning (CAPP) for AM
- Design for AM - AM technology selection, build strategies, minimum feature size, surface finish, elimination of support structures, guidelines for internal geometry like flow paths, cooling channels, cavities and others, lightweight objects, functionally gradient objects
- Rapid Manufacturing (RM) - Introduction to RM; indirect route of rapid manufacturing (non-metallic objects), indirect route of rapid manufacturing (metallic objects), direct route of rapid manufacturing
- Case Studies and Application of AM - 3D printing in other prominent industries, other industrial applications and future trends
Total Marks 100 | Duration 120 Mins
Advantages of Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Prepares freshers for a wide choice of employment opportunities in Additive Manufacturing
- Helps candidates gain credibility for long term career growth
- Leverage the potential of Additive Manufacturing (AM) to drive innovation in the organisation
- Allows applicants from remote locations to apply for jobs and appear for the test from any location in India
- Freshers can get ready for a diverse range of career options in the Additive Manufacturing industry
A structured test designed by subject matter experts and aligned with industry expectations
Standardised benchmark test that validates role-specific core skills in Design for Additive Manufacturing
Access to top corporates looking for talent on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
Flexibility to appear for the test either In-Centre or Online
Have a Question?
If you want to know more about our products, pricing or anything else
- Subject NQT assesses knowledge and skills in specific topics pertaining to job roles in the following areas:
- Additive Manufacturing (AM)
- AM Technologies
- Limitations of AM Systems
- Digital 3D Model Creation for AM
- Process Planning for AM
- Design for AM
- Rapid Manufacturing (RM)
- Application of AM
- Each candidate who completes the Subject NQT gets a Subject NQT Score for that particular subject. For example, Subject NQT - IT Programming. Subject NQTs are planned to be conducted every quarter. The candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores, if desired.
- There are Subject NQTs for multiple subjects. The candidates wanting to showcase their expertise in multiple subjects across industries can appear for as many Subject NQTs as desired.
- NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite to appear for Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing.
- The TCS NQT exam will be conducted every quarter. These exams will be scheduled in the months of February, May, August and November. In addition to these 4 exams scheduled in a year, TCS iON may announce additional exam dates subject to the demand from recruiting corporates.
- The next TCS NQT exam will be conducted in August 2021. TCS iON will announce the exam dates one month in advance. All candidates who have applied for the TCS NQT exam will receive an email notification on the planned exam dates.
- For every TCS NQT exam session, applications will close 15 days prior to the first exam date in that session.
- 1. Click on the "Buy Now" or "Activate Now" button on Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing.
- 2. Login with your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials or sign up as a new user.
- 3. After login/sign up, you will be asked to share your details required to complete your registration process. This includes your name, email ID, phone number, mode of assessment and other details.
- 4. In case of Buy Now: On successful submission of the registration form, you need to proceed to make the payment by clicking on "Click to Proceed". The Hall Ticket will be issued only on the successful purchase of the exam.
- 5. In case of Activate Now: A pop-up window will open, where you need to enter the Licence Code and click on the "Activate Now" button. Once you click on the "Close" button, you will be automatically redirected to "My Dashboard".
- 6. You will receive a successful registration message on your registered email ID/mobile number.
- 7. The assessment will be conducted in two modes online Remote Proctored Assessment and In-Centre Assessment.
- Online Remote Proctored Assessment, you will receive the login credentials on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment.
- In-Centre Assessment, you will receive the Hall Ticket on your email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment.
- 8. Repeat the process from step 4 for the purchase of every new TCS NQT Variant.
- Candidates can only choose the exam session August/November 2021. The exact test dates based on the exam session chosen will be notified to candidates on email well in advance.
- Candidates eligible to apply for the Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing should meet the below eligibility criteria:
- UG, PG and Diploma students who are in their pre-final and final year of study during the period 2021-2023
- Candidates who have passed out in the year 2017-2020, with a degree and specialisation
- Freshers with less than 2 years of experience
- Age limit - minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years
- NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite for Subject NQT.
- Yes, TCS iON is the exam conducting organisation for the TCS NQT exam. TCS iON will publish the TCS NQT score to the candidate. TCS NQT score is valid across multiple participating companies/corporates. Candidates who wish to apply to a specific company/corporate need to apply separately on the corresponding company/corporate’s job portal. Applications for recruitment will be called for independently by the recruiting company/corporate as per their standard process and eligibility norms. You can also update your profile by clicking on Edit profile in My Dashboard (profile completion to be 100%) and apply for jobs posted on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal.
- Yes, you can purchase and reappear for the TCS NQT variant, if you wish to improve your score. Only your best score will be mentioned on the score card.
- You may reappear for TCS NQT - any variant, to secure a better score.
- For the August/November 2021 schedule, TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) will be conducted in 2 modes:
- 1. Online Remote Proctored Assessment
- 2. In-Centre Assessment at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres PAN India
- You can choose one of these options while applying, based on the computer and network infrastructure availability at your home.
- If there are restrictions due to COVID-19, In-Centre mode of exam will be postponed and Online mode will be the only option to appear for the test. Candidates who have chosen In-Centre can change their mode to Online before the application closure date, if they can make necessary arrangements for the required infrastructure. Candidates who retain their choice of In-Centre mode will be given another chance to appear when the next In-Centre exam is scheduled, once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- You should opt for Online Remote Proctored Assessment, if you want to take it online using a laptop/desktop. Please make sure the following requirements are met. Mobile devices are not supported for this assessment.
- Windows/Ubuntu OS
- Google Chrome browser
- Internet connectivity of 2 to 5 mbps
- A working webcam
- If you do not have the required infrastructure for the Online Remote Proctored Assessment, you can choose In-Centre option to appear for the test physically from TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres available PAN India.
- Once you complete your application process, either by making the online payment or by using the Licence code for activation:
- If you have opted for "Online Remote Proctored Assessment", you will receive the login credentials on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment. In case you have not received your login credentials, you can reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282) for support. You will not receive any hall ticket for this mode of assessment.
- If you have opted for "In-Centre Assessment", you will receive the Hall Ticket on your registered email ID, 2 days prior to the assessment. In case you have not received your hall ticket 2 days prior to the assessment, you can reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282) for support.
- You can view the completed application details from "Click here to view updates on your NQT details" link given below the TCS NQT logo on "My Dashboard".
- You can also view the application details on the TCS NQT product webpage post login by clicking on 'View Details' button.
- You can edit your application for each exam session on or before the application closure date for the respective exam session (15 days prior to the exam date).
- You can view th application details from 'View Details' on 'My Dashboard', using your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials. You can edit your application On or Before the application closure date, and change the mode of test from Online Remote Proctored Assessment to In-Centre Assessment and choose your city preference for the test. Similarly, you can also change mode of test from In-Centre Assessment to Online Remote Proctored Assessment.
- While the tests may be scheduled either on the same date or on different dates, the date and time slots will not overlap with the other tests that you choose. The details will be communicated through email for online and along with the Hall Ticket for In-Centre, 2 days prior to the exam.
- Yes, you can purchase and reappear for the NQT Variant, if you wish to improve the score. Only your best score will be mentioned on the score card.
- You may reappear for TCS NQT Variants to secure a better score.
- No, you do not need to apply again. Login with your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials and go to ‘My Products’ under ‘My Dashboard’. The TCS NQT products that you have purchased will be displayed and you can click on product details to go to the individual product pages. Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button, to open your application form in Edit mode and make the necessary changes. Click on the Submit button for the changes to reflect.
- You can also navigate to the individual products pages from the product stamps on the TCS NQT product webpage. Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button, to open your application form in Edit mode and make the necessary changes. Click on the Submit button for the changes to reflect.
- In case you face any issues, please reach out to the TCS iON HelpDesk (1800 266 6282).
- After you complete the test, results will be processed and your scores will be shared to your registered email ID provided during the application.
- There is no cut-off score or PASS/FAIL criteria set to report your performance. You will be given a score that indicates your current ability in the topics that are assessed.
- You can apply to any company that recognises the Subject NQT Score and indicate your NQT registration number and score in the job application form of that company.
- Depending on the Subject NQT Score you have secured, you can apply to companies and job roles that accept such level of Subject NQT Scores.
- You can view the list of corporates who have acknowledged the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) Score on the product webpage.
- You can directly apply to the corporate for jobs with your Subject NQT Scores if you meet their eligibility criteria.
- You can apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal.
- Only candidates who have Subject NQT Scores will be eligible for the above mentioned.
- TCS iON will not arrange for any job interviews. You need to apply to the companies yourself. Your NQT Scores will be shared only with those companies that you have applied for a job and when they ask for it.
- You can view the list of corporates who have acknowledged the NQT Score on the product webpage.
- In addition, you can apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal, as this privilege is given only for the candidates who have appeared for TCS NQT.
- Each company's eligibility/filtering/selection criterion is based on the rules defined by them on the levels of different abilities required for a job and may also have additional eligibility/filtering/selection criteria.
- Your Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing Score is valid for 2 years from the date of result publishing.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts. You can write the next TCS NQT (as and when it is announced) to improve your Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing Scores. The highest score from among your attempts, will be considered as your current Subject NQT - Design for Additive Manufacturing Score.
- If you have selected your test mode as "Online Remote Proctored Assessment", TCS iON will conduct a mock test to check the infrastructure readiness for your computer. You will receive a communication by email confirming when these checks are to be conducted and if these checks are successful. In case these checks fail, we will try and help you to fix these issues. If the issues cannot be fixed, you will be given an option to edit your application and select the test mode as "In-Centre Assessment".
- If you are not able to appear for the exam due to any reason solely attributable to you, on the allotted date and time, no refund will be issued, and no retest will be conducted. You can repurchase and take the next TCS NQT, in the next cycle as and when the dates are announced.
- If you are not able to complete the exam successfully due to any reason solely attributable to you, no refund will be issued, and no retest will be conducted. You can repurchase and take the next TCS NQT, in the next cycle as and when the dates are announced.
- Even for travel restrictions imposed by the Govt. in the last minute due to COVID or other reasons, it is your responsibility to choose the preferred mode of test, while filling the application form, keeping such risks in mind.
- When you are taking the Online Remote Proctored Assessment, the computer will record your images randomly multiple times during the test. These images will be compared with the image that you have captured during the initial registration process. If any malpractice is detected your test will be treated as NULL and VOID, and your NQT Scores will be WITHHELD and not shared with you.
- TCS iON will share links for taking mock tests on your registered email ID. You can take the mock test to familiarise yourself with the whole test process.
- If you face any issues during the test, you can reach out to the Live Chat agents for support only during the test shift timings.
- Candidates who had indulged in any type of malpractice will not be permitted to take the test for a period of 1 year.