Tata Building India
About Tata Building India
The Tata Building India School Essay Competition is one of the key initiatives undertaken by the Tata group of companies to motivate the youth of India towards thinking about nation building. The essay competition provides a unique platform to encourage young leaders of tomorrow to showcase their expressions in writing.
Each year, students are presented with the opportunity to compete and win by writing an essay on a specific theme, related to nation building.
- 7500 +
- 300 +
Theme for the year 2020-21
Clean and healthy India
Junior6th - 8th Standards
Senior9th - 12th Standards
Tata Building India Digital Process for 2020-2021
The complete digital process is explained through the clickable schematic depicted below. Click each box for details.
School nominates a coordinator. The coordinator registers using the "REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL" button on https://iur.ls/TataBuildingIndia
On successful registration, an email is sent to the school's registered email ID, along with:
- 1. Link to school login
- 2. School login ID and password
- 3. Instructions to proceed further
School coordinator to sign into the school login form to generate student login IDs using one of the following options:
- 1. Option A (Generate Specific Student Login IDs)
- 2. Option B (Generate Random Student Login IDs)
To generate student login IDs, login to your 'School Login' and under the 'Student Details' Tab follow point A or B given below:
- A. Upload the duly filled ‘Student Data’ template
- B. Simply click the ‘Generate Random Student Login IDs' button
After completing this step, within 24 hours, an email with the following 'participation details' will be sent to the school's registered email ID
- 1. An updated template containing the newly created student login IDs and passwords
- 2. URL for student login
- 3. Instructions to proceed further
- 4. Recommended message to students
School coordinator to share the 'participation details' with the respective students.
School coordinator may use the recommended message template to share the required participation details with the students.
- 1. Students to login with their respective student login ID and password, provided by the school coordinator.
- 2. Proceed to participate in the competition.
Login Link: https://iur.ls/TataBuildingIndia
To write and submit (upload) the essay, students must access the competition module by clicking 'LAUNCH ESSAY COMPETITION MODULE' button after logging in.
The 'essay competition module' will have 3 mandatory sections:
- 1. Watch 3 videos
- 2. Take quiz
- 3. Write and upload the essay
School level essay evaluation is to be carried out by teacher(s) nominated by the same school. These school nominated judges to digitally evaluate the essays submitted by the students.
- 1. Evaluation link and other login details, along with necessary instructions and guidelines will be shared with the school coordinator.
- 2. The school coordinator, to share the guidelines and login details with the respective nominated judges.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both junior and senior categories will be decided based on the marks awarded by the judges.
School nominated judges to allot marks in such a way that there is no tie situation. Only one winner each can be selected for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in each junior and senior category. The winners' details will be communicated with the school on the school's registered email ID post evaluation and verification.
Schools to internally announce the winners and distribute the prizes (provided by the Tata group), to their students.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both junior and senior categories will be awarded certificates and medals by the Tata group. Further details will be communicated subsequently.
Essays of the school level 1st place winners, in the respective language, will move to city level judging.
These essays will be evaluated by judges drawn from independent academic and literary circles, for each language, from the respective city.
City level winners will be announced and felicitated by the Tata group.
The 1st and 2nd place winners at the city level, for the respective language, in both junior and senior categories will be awarded certificates and prizes by the Tata group. Further details regarding announcement of winners and felicitation will be communicated subsequently.
Essays of the city level 1st place winners, in the respective language, will move to national level judging.
These essays will be evaluated by judges drawn from independent academic and literary circles, for the respective language at the national level.
National level winners will be announced and felicitated by the Tata group.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners at the national level, in both junior and senior categories will be awarded certificates and prizes. Further details regarding winners announcement and felicitation will be communicated subsequently.
Essay competition modules
Watch interesting and informative videos
Attempt a simple quiz based on the videos watched
Write and upload your essay
School level event timelines
Essay writing and submission
School level essay judging
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- The essay should be written in the "preferred language" chosen by the school. Please get in touch with your schools' Tata Building India competition coordinator.
- All students belonging to a single school must write the essay in the same language selected by the school, at the time of school registration. The language selected must be the medium of instruction that the school follows.
- All students must necessarily participate through their respective schools only.
- If you would like your school to participate in this competition, kindly share the contact details of your school along with the details of the concerned school official. We will reach out to them to check if the school would be willing to participate. You can share this information with us by writing to us at TataBuildingIndia.email@example.com
- Only those school students who are currently in standards 6th to 12th are eligible to participate in this competition. If you have recently/already passed the 12th standard, you will not be eligible to participate.
- Tata Building India is a school essay competition and therefore only schools are eligible to participate.
- Each student will be given a total time of 120 minutes to write and upload the essay in the essay module. To know more, please refer to "Tata Building India Digital Process for 2020-2021" section on this website.
- The essay topic will be revealed to students only after they have logged into the Tata Building India 2020-21 competition website (https://iur.ls/TataBuildingIndia) , have watched the prescribed videos and have attempted the quiz under 'LAUNCH ESSAY COMPETITION MODULE'.
- Schools are advised to register at the earliest. Registrations will close on 31st March 2021.
- The school-level results will be declared through the respective schools once the evaluation is completed by the schools and verified by the Tata team.