Java developer Full-Time
Diebold Nixdorf India Pvt. Ltd.
Posted By : Diebold Nixdorf India Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai, Maharashtra (2)Hyderabad, Telangana (3)
We are looking for software engineers who use Java as their choice of languages to create world-class, high quality software. Your inventions will be used by the largest banks around the world and will enable our portfolio of banking and payment software to function flawlessly within their ecosystem.
We are looking for thinkers and innovators who can contribute to design plans and implement code and architectural changes according to the plan. You’ll collaborate on project materials with your teammates to create diagram flows, product documentation and keep them updated on Confluence as projects evolve. You are a champion of quality and have the courage it takes to prevent scope creep such that the quality of the code remains high and positively effects our customer experience. You’ll become intimately familiar with the product portfolio and will be able to create clever ways to fit our solutions into each customer’s ecosystem so that it meets their needs while remaining within our standards.
Most importantly, we are looking for individuals who will go above and beyond to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for those who can effectively lead a team, by coaching direct reports and proactively addressing team challenges. We value initiative in project delivery, superior strategic planning and implementation skills, and a strong intrinsic drive to deliver customer value. We also prioritize communication, and especially value individuals who can seamlessly communicate with clients and internal stakeholders regardless of their seniority or technical level of expertise. Last, we value ownership, so we look for those who are decisive, able to intelligently resolve problems, and combine qualitative and quantitative data points during project execution.
If this sounds like a career that you would flourish in, then we want to talk to you.
What you will do
- Analysis of customer requirements, designing software architectures and user interfaces, and maintaining documentation.
- Seamlessly working both in a team environment and independently as part of our Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid project execution environments.
- Clearly articulating and presenting results to our global stakeholders and aligning with international teams on highly impactful projects
- Specifying the architecture of software components, writing commercial-grade customer-facing applications, and testing and troubleshooting using in-house test tools and devices
- Adapt and extend the company standard solution and individual software with respect to the functional scope, timeline, and costs.
- Clearly communicating responsibilities and division of work to the internal team and seamlessly updating clients on project progress with clarity and patience. You will clearly articulate complex ideas to technical and non-technical team members.
- Leading project delivery. You will have the leadership skills necessary to facilitate and run brainstorming sessions with product teams. You will have a keen eye for offering valuable feedback during peer reviews. Most critically, you will be an excellent listener, and proactively resolve pain points from feedback received from your team and external stakeholders.
- Active Listening
- Category Flexibility
- Complex Problem Solving
- Computers and Electronics
- Critical Thinking
- Customer and Personal Service
- Deductive Reasoning
- Engineering and Technology
- English Language
- Flexibility of Closure
- Fluency of Ideas
- Inductive Reasoning
- Information Ordering
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Near Vision
- Operations Analysis
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reading Comprehension
- Selective Attention
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Evaluation
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) - Computer Science & Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) - Information Technology
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) - Computer Science & Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) - Information Technology
Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A) - Others
Master of Science (M.Sc) - Computer Science
Master of Science (M.Sc) - IT
What you bring to the table
- Education: Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or related
- Experience: 2-7 years of relevant experience for SSE role
- Exposure to microservices, API management tools like Swagger
- Must have experience in working on Agile Scrum teams in the past and exposure to any of the Agile project management tools like Jira, Mingle, RTC, TFS etc.
- Proficient in application log analysis.
- Experience Java/JEE Development - especially EJB 2.1 / 3.0, JDBC
- Experience with application servers such as JBoss AS or IBM WAS is an advantage
- Experience in SQL programing using PostgreSQL / MySQL /Maria DB and JPA (Annotation Based)
- Knowledge of build tools such as Maven or Gradle and of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Nexus
- Basic knowledge of web services (SOAP or REST) and web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Basic knowledge of containers like Dockers, basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Ability to interact and coordinate with employees at different levels, different groups, and different geographical locations within the company
- Ability to support multiple existing applications as well as work on building new ones
- Ability to provide accurate project estimates and make recommendations on specific technologies to use based on business requirements
- Good verbal and written Communication.
- Readiness for short term Domestic and International Travels
- Industry knowledge with respect to payments systems and processing in the Debit/Credit and Account based payments (EFT Switching) from different channels like POS, ATM or ecommerce, Card Management System and Real Time Payment Systems.
- Exposure to the Interchange Interfaces like Visa Net, MasterCard, BankNet
- Exposure to Interchange Simulators and Mandates Management.