DevOps Engineer Full-time
Geetha Technology Solutions private Ltd
Posted By : Geetha Technology Solutions private Ltd
Mumbai, Maharashtra (2)
- Upkeep of our AWS environment, including maintenance, automation, ongoing innovation, cost optimization, and maintenance of IAM roles and ongoing implementation of our security policies
- Setting up and maintaining our GIT repositories, Bit bucket pipelines, Docker images and clusters, Artifactory, data monitoring tools and security.
- Automation of our platform using Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Maintaining, monitoring, and ensuring the security of our container clusters, lambdas and EC2 servers, including being responsible for our patching cycles according to our patching policies or those of our customers.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure in close collaboration with Engineering.
- Assuming responsibility for UAT and Production deployments, including run sheet creation and maintenance, organizing resources as necessary around deployment tasks, pre- and post-deployment verifications, and keeping all stakeholders informed throughout the deployment process.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of our platform.
- Working with engineers to ensure that development follows established processes, including incorporation of automated checks to ensure quality, security and reliability.
- Planning out projects and being actively involved in solution architecture, including keeping up to date with latest technologies.
- Supporting our Production environments with the team, including establishing and maintaining monitoring dashboards the team can use to support the environment proactively.
- Working with clients to drive technical and business outcomes.
Mandatory (must have) expertise:
- Exceptional hands-on Linux skills
- DevOps tool set experience such as Git/Bit bucket, Maven, Continuous Integration Expert in implementing and managing DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Expert in designing and developing cloud-native platforms
- Expert in serverless applications and microservice platforms utilizing Docker or Kubernetes Hands-on knowledge of setting microservices architecture
- Expert in CloudFormation or Terraform with proven hands-on experience
- Expert in applying cloud security best practices to AWS workloads and tech, including advanced knowledge of IAM
- Expert in developing and automating full-stack solutions on AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, ECS, Cognito, DynamoDB, Lambda, VPC) to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure with a strong emphasis on cloud security best practices
- Expert in troubleshooting and resolving complex production issues, in relation to cloud infrastructure, applications, and networks.
- Excellent scripting skills, including Bash scripting and Python scripting.
- Experience in supporting and managing a number of AWS accounts with production workloads Experience in DevOps automation tools and DevOps Frameworks.
- Keen to learn and to accept new challenges and technologies
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills with proficient English. You will be communicating daily with engineers in our headquarters in Australia, as well as clients.
Preferred technical and professional expertise:
- AWS Certifications
- Experience in data platforms, logging and monitoring tools, such as Elastic or S plunk
- Experience in designing cloud-native platforms
- Excellent knowledge of networking, especially within AWS, with hands on experience with Subnets, Route Tables, VPCs, NACLs, Security Groups, Virtual Private Gateways and Transit Gateways.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, remotely from home.
- Organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Wide knowledge of programming languages and scripting, including Bash, Python,.NET and YAML
- Wide knowledge and experience of cloud security best practices
- Ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to design and contribute to IT architectural challenges and workshops
Role Specific Skills
- Active Listening
- Complex Problem Solving
- Computers and Electronics
- Critical Thinking
- Customer and Personal Service
- Deductive Reasoning
- Engineering and Technology
- English Language
- Inductive Reasoning
- Information Ordering
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Near Vision
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reading Comprehension
- Selective Attention
- Social Perceptiveness
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression