Data Research Analyst ( Equity Operations ) Full-Time
Morningstar India Pvt Ltd
Posted By : Morningstar India Pvt Ltd
Others, Others (60)
In this role you will work on collecting fundamental data from balance sheet, cash flow statement, income statement and footnotes for Global market companies as per the predefined collection policies. You will adhere to local teams goals, policies and procedures and work in a focused manner to achieve the overall organizations goals and objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency and the delivery of the operational performance KPIs. You will effectively manage your performance and development in order to support our continuous operational success.
· Establishing and achieving the set SMART goals with the direction of the team lead.
· Have a very good understanding of the fundamental data for company’s income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet, and other fundamental data sets.
· Participate in the Centre of Excellence initiative focused on reducing resource costs, consolidating global data collection platforms, and supporting database integration projects.
· Own and Drive continuous improvement within the process through Quality initiatives.
· Collecting and analyzing equity fundamentals data for Global market and taking ownership in data quality controls to ensure consistent and high quality data are manufactured in order to meet product requirements.
· Manage data as per client-specific requirement, while at the same time adhering to Morningstar's set KPIs and KRAs.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the various filing nomenclature of countries under coverage.
· Passion for data and its impact on decision making.
· Closely work with quality assurance and technical department to resolve clients’ data issues timely and effectively.
· Actively discover and raise issues in work (including system, process, and collection methodology) and propose enhancement suggestion to further improve system functionality, process efficiency and data quality.
· Participate in other data and process related projects, like industry/market data collection methodology research, market expansion, process certification, new product development support, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in commerce/ finance/ business with minimum 60% in final year, Master’s degree would be an added advantage. CA Inter/CFA level 1 candidates are also preferred.
· 0-3 years’ experience in the financial domain related to equity data.
· Strong commerce/finance/accounting fundamentals.
· Proficient with the data management policies, procedures and common technical tools.
· Ability to exercise control over the executed tasks with the planned activities.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Good command in MS Office (excel, PowerPoint etc.).
· Excellent communication written as well as verbal & reporting skill
· Prior Knowledge of IFRS GAAP would be an added advantage.
· Able to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure during peak seasons.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer
- Computer based training software-Almaris E-Learning Systems Financial Accounting Tutor
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Administration and Management
- Category Flexibility
- Communications and Media
- Complex Problem Solving
- Computers and Electronics
- Critical Thinking
- Customer and Personal Service
- Deductive Reasoning
- Economics and Accounting
- English Language
- Flexibility of Closure
- Fluency of Ideas
- Inductive Reasoning
- Information Ordering
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Law and Government
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Near Vision
- Number Facility
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reading Comprehension
- Sales and Marketing
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Evaluation
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
B.M.M. - Others
B.M.S. - Others
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) - Others
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) - Finance & Accounts
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) - Financial Services
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) - Accounting & Finance
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) - Business Analytics
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) - Finance
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) - Financial Markets
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) - Finance
M.Pharm.(MBA) - Others
Master Of Arts (M.A) - Others
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Fintech
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - International Finance
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Others
Master of Commerce (M.Com) - Others
PGDM - Finance
PGDM - International Finance
Title: Data Research Analyst
Department : Equity Operations
Date of Joining:
The expected date of joining is April 2022 . Pan India candidates preferred.
Job Location: Pan India
Team : Fundamentals & Non Fundamentals
CTC : 3.50 LPA + shift allowance (if working in shifts)
Shift : Flexible to work in shifts
Shift Timings: (Morning) : 5:30 am to 2:30 pm (Pick up provided) / General : 10am to 7pm / Afternoon Shift (UK) : 3pm to 12am( Drop provided) / Night Shift (US) : 8pm to 5am (Drop provided)
Candidates who have attempted the online test for Equity role in past 6 months, won’t be eligible.
60% and above in Final year Graduation Or Post Graduation
Only Finance Graduates Or Post Graduates can apply to this role. MBA / MMS / / PGDM/ MCOM/ BMS / BBA/ B&I / BCOM / A&F can apply.
Aadhar Card is mandatory for candidate registration at the time of attempting online test.
Immediate Joiners preferred.
Eligible candidate will receive an email with the online test link and instructions. The candidate would be required to attempt the test as per the date and time mentioned in the email. The candidates selected in the test will undergo 3 virtual interview rounds. The online test and the interviews will happen in the month of Mar 2022 itself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the recruitment team.
Morningstar Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investments offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets.