TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer)
TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer)
About TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer)
Possess 3 to 20 years of experience
Age group of 22 to 45 years
Minimum 50% in 10th, 12th and Graduation
Can be currently employed with TCS
Part Time/Distance Education/Correspondence qualifications will not be eligible
Not have more than 2 years break in career/academics
Minutes Questions Marks
Proctored Remote Assessment for designers covering architecture and design principles in Big Data on Cloud, conducted online
Minutes Case Studies Marks
Case Study Based Assessment to test the architectural level knowledge of Big Data on Cloud
RDBMS & Java Programming
Hadoop Ecosystem and Architecture
Data on Cloud
Please click here for detailed sub-topics under each topic.
Assessment Topics+ Expand All - Collapse All
Design Principles: (Number of Questions - 10)
- Lambda/Client Server/two-tier and three-tier Architecture
- Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) & Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Data lifecycle
- Data transmission methodology
- Data integration and processing methodology
- Change data capture and slowly changing dimension, Star and Snowflake schema
- Dimensions and facts tables
- Metadata types
- Different data quality checks
- Orchestration methodology
RDBMS and Java Programming: (Number of Questions - 10)
- RBDMS - Normalization, complex DML (scenario based)
- Java - Variables, modifiers, operators, loops, decisions, array, regex, string, methods, file I/O, exceptions, classes, relationships, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, encapsulation, interface, collections, packages, data structures, serialization
Hadoop Ecosystem and Architecture: (Number of Questions - 10)
- Hadoop ecosystem
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) architecture
- MapReduce/Yet Another Resource Negotiator (YARN) architecture architecture
- Hive architecture
- HBase architecture
- Spark architecture
- Kafka architecture
Advanced Hadoop: (Number of Questions - 25)
- Hadoop - I/O, file formats, compression techniques
- Hive - Partitioning, bucketing, serialization and deserialization, upsert , insert and delete
- Spark - Components, abstractions, variables, partitions and partitioning, lineage and DAG graph, deployment modes, transformations and actions
- Spark SQL - Dataframe API, query optimizer, execution plan
- HBase - Operational commands, row key, catalog column family, row deletion, tombstone markers, HLog & WAL
- Kafka - Offset, partitioning key, leader, follower and consumer group, queue exception
Data on Cloud: (Number of Questions - 20)
- Cloud service models
- Cloud layers
- Cloud deployment models
- Security management
- Elasticity and scalability
- Benefits of cloud
- Cloud service providers
Advantages of TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer)
- Get Recognised - Gain recognition for your Big Data on Cloud experience and expertise
- Get an Edge - Stand out among your peers by enhancing your industry credibility
- Get Noticed - Get career opportunities in Big Data on Cloud with top recruiters
Our Corporate Partners
Available Assessment Centre(s)
View list of all available assessment centres within India
Available Assessment Centres
- Bhilai Nagar
- New Delhi
Jammu and Kashmir
- Bokaro Steel City
- Kalaburagi (Gulbarga)
- Hubballi (Hubli)
- Mangaluru (Mangalore)
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Shivamogga (Shimoga)
- Navi Mumbai
- Greater Noida
Have a Question?
If you want to know more about our products, pricing or anything else
- Click on "Buy Now" on the "TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer)" product page.
- Login with your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials or sign up as a new user.
- After login/sign up, you will be asked to share your details required to complete your registration process. This includes your name, email ID, phone number and other details.
- In case of Buy Now: On successful submission of the registration form, you need to proceed to make the payment by clicking on "Click to Proceed."
- In case of Activate Now: A pop-up window will open, where you need to enter the Licence Code and click on the "Activate Now" button. Once you click on the "Close" button, you will be automatically redirected to "My Dashboard".
- You will receive a successful registration message on your registered email ID/mobile number.
- Since this is an online assessment, you will not receive any hall ticket. However, you will receive the link to download TCS iON Assessment Launcher along with login credentials on your registered email ID four days prior to the scheduled assessment date.
- Once you have submitted your registration details for TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer), you need to mandatorily make the payment to appear for the exam.
Please note: Without making the payment, you will not receive the TCS iON Assessment Launcher link and login credentials for the upcoming scheduled TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) certification exam.
- You will receive the TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) certificate on your registered email ID, once you successfully complete the assessment. Click here to view the sample certificate.
- TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) is a certification designed by best known industry practitioners to enable working professionals gain recognition for their Big Data on Cloud proficiency. It assesses applied knowledge and skills of candidates in the Big Data on Cloud domain. Additionally, TCS iON will share the candidate's profile and certification details with top corporates for potential job opportunities.
- No, there is no provision for refund of fees.
- No, it is not possible to reschedule the assessment. You can appear for the next assessment.
- Yes. You can take additional attempts as per schedule by paying the assessment fee.
- As TCS iON ProCert assessments are domain specific and conducted on the same date, you can apply for only one assessment at a time according to your work experience and expertise in a specific domain. However, if you are experienced in more than one domain, you may appear for that domain assessment on the next assessment date.
- No, you do not need to pay any fee at the time of registration. For TCS associates this certification is free.
- TCS associates need to send an email to TCS iON HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org from their official TCS email ID with the subject line "Interested to Apply - Certification Name". They will receive the registration guidelines through email.
- The reimbursement policy for TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) registration fee is applicable only to those who qualify and are selected for employment at TCS. They need to send an email to TCS iON HelpDesk at email@example.com post their induction/selection by the concerned Business Unit within TCS. They will receive the reimbursement details through email.
- TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) is purely an assessment to validate your domain expertise in Big Data on Cloud. There is no learning component that comes as part of it. It is expected that you already possess the domain knowledge in Big Data on Cloud. The five areas of Big Data on Cloud that you will be assessed on are given on the website under Assessment Details.
- Successful candidates will receive an interview call* from TCS.
Disclaimer: *Subject to open requirements & TCS Lateral Hiring Eligibility Criteria
TCS iON Remote Assessment allows candidates to take the test online from home using their laptop or desktop, without having to visit the test centre. During the assessment, all applications on the candidate's device are force-closed.
- Identity Verification: The candidate's photograph is captured.
- Attendance: The candidate appears for the test.
- Continuous Remote Proctoring: By leveraging AI/ML for advanced face recognition features, machine proctoring along with remote human proctoring, the candidates will be monitored constantly, and malpractices can be detected through advanced audio-video analytics.
- Test Submission: Test is submitted by the candidate after attempting all the questions or the test is auto submitted by the system once the duration has elapsed.
Our invigilators will proctor the exam remotely to ensure the integrity of the exam. The Remote Assessment process includes:
For successfully attempting TCS iON ProCert - Big Data on Cloud (Designer) Remote Assessment, the candidate's device should have the below specifications:
- Windows/Ubuntu OS
- Google Chrome browser
- Minimum 2 Mbps internet connectivity
- A working webcam