TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect)
TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect)
About TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect)
Possess 6 to 15 years of experience
Age group of 28 to 42 years
Minimum 50% in 10th, 12th and Graduation
Cannot be currently employed with TCS
Part Time/Distance Education/Correspondence qualifications will not be eligible
Not have more than 2 years break in career/academics
Minutes Questions Marks
Proctored Remote Assessment for Architects covering key areas in Internet of Things, conducted online
Minutes Case Studies Marks
Case Study Based Assessment to test application of analytical and designing skills of Internet of Things on the selected platforms
IoT Communication Protocols
Edge Computing and Analytics
Cloud Computing and Architecture
Please click here for detailed sub-topics under each topic.
Assessment Topics+ Expand All - Collapse All
IoT Communication Protocols (Number of Questions - 10)
- Infrastructure protocols like IPv6, UDP, DTLS, and TCP
- Data protocols like MQTT, CoAP, XMPP, AMQP, and LWM2M
- Communication/transport layer protocols like 2G/3G, Bluetooth, BLE, LoRa, Wi-Fi, and Zigbee
- Industrial automation - Modbus/OPC UA/BACNet/CAN and more
- Protocol selection criteria and approaches
Edge Computing and Analytics (Number of Questions - 20)
- Edge computing
- Azure IoT Edge/AWS Greengrass services, architecture and components
- Custom development, testing and container based deployment on Edge
- Gateways - industry specifications, basic understanding of hardware and OTA deployment
- Linux operating system, cross compiling, and remote debugging
- Edge security
Cloud Computing and Architecture (Number of Questions - 40)
- Cloud computing basics
- Collect, process and analyse data from IoT devices either in on-premise infrastructure or cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS)
- Device management, OTA updates and protocols
- AWS and Azure PaaS services for IoT data processing to support IoT data processing and storage, IoT device lifecycle, device provisioning, device management, bulk management of IoT devices, scaling, device-to-cloud messaging, cloud-to-device messaging (simulated and physical devices), file upload from devices, and device twins
- Maintaining reliability, availability, and performance of AWS IoT/Azure IoT hub
- Data security and communication security
Visualisation/Web Development (Number of Questions - 5)
- AWS and Azure services for app deployment and Visualisations from the data store
Other Topics (Number of Questions - 25)
- Distributed computing - general concepts, Kafka, Big Data/Hadoop, SQL databases/NoSQL databases, Spark
- Programming knowledge in Java/C#/Python/C++
- Rest services, microservices, containers, Dockers, DevOps/CICD - concepts and deployment
- IoT security and scaling - challenges and solutions
Advantages of TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect)
- Get Recognised - Gain recognition for your Internet of Things experience and expertise
- Get an Edge - Stand out among your peers by enhancing your industry credibility
- Get Noticed - Get career opportunities in Internet of Things with top recruiters
Our Corporate Partners
Available Assessment Centre(s)
View list of all available assessment centres within India
Available Assessment Centres
- Bhilai Nagar
- New Delhi
Jammu and Kashmir
- Bokaro Steel City
- Kalaburagi (Gulbarga)
- Hubballi (Hubli)
- Mangaluru (Mangalore)
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Shivamogga (Shimoga)
- Navi Mumbai
- Greater Noida
Have a Question?
If you want to know more about our products, pricing or anything else
- Click on "Buy Now" on the "TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect)" product page.
- Login with your TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials or sign up as a new user.
- After login/sign up, you will be asked to share your details required to complete your registration process. This includes your name, email ID, phone number and other details.
- In case of Buy Now: On successful submission of the registration form, you need to proceed to make the payment by clicking on "Click to Proceed."
- In case of Activate Now: A pop-up window will open, where you need to enter the Licence Code and click on the "Activate Now" button. Once you click on the "Close" button, you will be automatically redirected to "My Dashboard".
- You will receive a successful registration message on your registered email ID/mobile number.
- Since this is an online assessment, you will not receive any hall ticket. However, you will receive the link to download TCS iON Assessment Launcher along with login credentials on your registered email ID four days prior to the scheduled assessment date.
- Once you have submitted your registration details for TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect), you need to mandatorily make the payment to appear for the exam.
Please note: Without making the payment, you will not receive the TCS iON Assessment Launcher link and login credentials for the upcoming scheduled TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) certification exam.
- You will receive the TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) certificate on your registered email ID, once you successfully complete the assessment. Click here to view the sample certificate.
- TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) is a certification designed by best known industry practitioners to enable working professionals gain recognition for their Internet of Things proficiency. It assesses applied knowledge and skills of candidates in the Internet of Things domain. Additionally, TCS iON will share the candidate's profile and certification details with top corporates for potential opportunities.
- No, there is no provision for refund of fees.
- No, it is not possible to reschedule the assessment. You can appear for the next assessment.
- Yes. You can take additional attempts as per schedule by paying the assessment fee.
- As TCS iON ProCert assessments are domain specific and conducted on the same date, you can apply for only one assessment at a time according to your work experience and expertise in a specific domain. However, if you are experienced in more than one domain, you may appear for that domain assessment on the next assessment date.
- This certification is not open for TCS Associates.
- The reimbursement policy for TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) registration fee is applicable only to those who qualify and are selected for employment at TCS. They need to send an email to TCS iON HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org post their induction/selection by the concerned Business Unit within TCS. They will receive the reimbursement details through email.
- TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) is purely an assessment to validate your domain expertise on Internet of Things. There is no learning component that comes as part of it. It is expected that you already possess the domain knowledge on Internet of Things. The key areas of Internet of Things domain that you will be assessed on are given on the website under Assessment Details.
- Successful candidates will receive an interview call* from TCS.
Disclaimer: *Subject to open requirements & TCS Lateral Hiring Eligibility Criteria
TCS iON Remote Assessment allows candidates to take the test online from home using their laptop or desktop, without having to visit the test centre. During the assessment, all applications on the candidate's device are force-closed.
- Identity Verification: The candidate's photograph is captured.
- Attendance: The candidate appears for the test.
- Continuous Remote Proctoring: By leveraging AI/ML for advanced face recognition features, machine proctoring along with remote human proctoring, the candidates will be monitored constantly, and malpractices can be detected through advanced audio-video analytics.
- Test Submission: Test is submitted by the candidate after attempting all the questions or the test is auto submitted by the system once the duration has elapsed.
Our invigilators will proctor the exam remotely to ensure the integrity of the exam. The Remote Assessment process includes:
For successfully attempting TCS iON ProCert - IoT Platforms and Services (Architect) Remote Assessment, the candidate's device should have the below specifications:
- Windows/Ubuntu OS
- Google Chrome browser
- Minimum 2 Mbps internet connectivity
- A working webcam